PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest bag you can think of?

todzwife
04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Enough for a days worth of cloth diapers for a 6 month old, a change of clothes for a 3 year old, 2 sippy cups, snacks for 3 kids, a huge muslin blanket, a sling, mom's wallet, camera, phone, a mini first aid kit (she's neurotic LOL!) a water bottle and maybe some other stuff but I can't remember what she said.

Any suggestions? She'd like to keep it under $100 if possible.

WatchingThemGrow
04-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Ummm... a rolling suitcase? If this is for your friend traveling, we usually have THAT kind of stuff in a suitcase and a smaller backpack on for in-flight essentials.

happy2bamom
04-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Salt Water Canvas bag, I think it is called the Whale. it is huge and has lots of pockets.

KrisM
04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Lands End Do It All. Do they make that still? I have taken it on vacation before and packed all my cloth diapers, so maybe 4 days worth, in it. Prefolds, so they aren't super bulky, but that thing holds a ton.

Melaine
04-15-2009, 09:04 AM
One of the Vera Bradley overnight bags might be worth checking into. I like them because they are pretty light

WatchingThemGrow
04-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Does it need to be closed to go under the seats on the aircraft without dumping the contents? and should it fit under the seats on the aircraft? My SWC whale is NOT fitting under there. My Jansport backpack barely does.

I think wearing something over the shoulder she'll want to consider comfort, right?

todzwife
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Does it need to be closed to go under the seats on the aircraft without dumping the contents? and should it fit under the seats on the aircraft? My SWC whale is NOT fitting under there. My Jansport backpack barely does.

I think wearing something over the shoulder she'll want to consider comfort, right?

She plans to hang it on the back of their stroller (which they are taking BTW, if anyone else was reading my other thread) and then when they are going on a ride, she'll take it in with her.

I suggested a backpack too...that's all I could think of. I've got one I bought at Target for $4 last year and it's HUGE.

MacMacMoo
04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Go Tote by Loom. plnety of room for supplies for tripelets plus mom. http://www.loomlife.com/go_tote_classic.shtml

WatchingThemGrow
04-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Does that huge skip hop hang? I'm pretty sure... http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=DB&Product_Code=162000

Melaine
04-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Does that huge skip hop hang? I'm pretty sure... http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=DB&Product_Code=162000

I have this, and like it, but it isn't THAT big. I can't imagine being able to fit that much stuff in it (then again maybe I am not organized enough).

MCsMom
04-15-2009, 06:28 PM
I have the Skip Hop Double too and have used it on long weekends for DD's stuff.
I like it a lot. Can't have too many pockets for me!
And it does hang as well. It's made for a double but I hang it on our single strollers with no problem...

salsah
04-15-2009, 06:58 PM
She plans to hang it on the back of their stroller (which they are taking BTW, if anyone else was reading my other thread) and then when they are going on a ride, she'll take it in with her.

why? that sounds crazy. for all day outings like that, i pack more than one bag. in the basket under the stroller are the things that i don't need easy access to and the larger items. in this case: change of clothes, extra diapers, first aid kit, blanket, and sling. in the bag that hangs on the stroller are the things that i need easy access to (one or two diapers, snacks, sippy cups, wipes, tissues, anti-bacterial lotion, lip balm, sun block, etc.). and then i carry a small light weight bag for the valuables that i don't want to leave in the stroller while we go on rides or leave the stroller unattended for any other reason (wallet, camera, phone, keys).

SnuggleBuggles
04-15-2009, 07:29 PM
There are sometimes that disposables just make sense and this is one of them, imo. She could really lighten her load by making that switch. Just an idea. I also second the idea of a smaller bag to take around. I admit that I am a very light packer though and would always take the bare minimum of essentials knowing that worse case scenario something could be bought.

I use my Lands End Little Tripper and it can carry almost everything she needs, minus full outfit changes for all.

It would be a thought to have all that extra stuff (the full outfit changes, for example) in the car if the odds of needing them are low and the car will be in the parking lot. (I haven't read the other posts but I am guessing they are going to Disney or something.)

Beth

MontrealMum
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
We have the Skip Hop Duo double (only because I got it for a steal at TJMaxx) and I was going to suggest that until I got to the part about the huge muslin blanket. Everything else on your list would *probably* fit in fine, but I'm not too sure about that. I hang it from both our BOB and Mac Quest with no trouble even though they're both sincle strollers. You didn't ask, but it wouldn't fit in the Quest basket, but you might be able to get it in the BOB or similar with some maneuvering.

MamaKath
04-15-2009, 08:36 PM
There are sometimes that disposables just make sense and this is one of them, imo.

I use my Lands End Little Tripper
If sposies are a possibility, it might be worth it for the trip. Also I love the thought of 2 bags. I usually use my Sherpa for stuff that can be left with the stroller and then keep something like the Little Tripper (or a Lumbar/Fanny Pack) with me with personal items on my person on rides, etc. If she really wants a big bag here are some...

These two are enormous tote bags….
http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/eco_only_bagg/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=113501

http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/only_bagg_crinkle_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=47330

This is a huge backpack. I have used a similar one for traveling and the shoe compartment has been great for stashing diapers. I now use a similar bag often, the Baby Sherpa, but the bottom is a cooler. It could be used for diapers on a trip and is pretty big, but not huge like the LLBean Turbo Transit backpack.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=48014&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504479&feat=504479-tn&cat4=504478

Something like this duffle in small would work, but she would have to figure out ways to organize it (Ziploc bags?)
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=33458&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4522&feat=4522-tn&cat4=2915

Something like this is similar to the whale bag, but with a shoulder strap.
http://www.landsend.com/pp/BucketBag~197235_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TXQ&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000001284&origin=index

The family sized organizer might work? It has a shoulder strap, has tons of pockets, opens wide, is not super obvious that it is a “toiletry bag”…
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=51638&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=33458-ppxs&dds=y

There is a Global Kecci line that has big backpacks…
http://www.globalkecci.com/shop2.htm

I still go with the 2 bags thought though. I read your other post regarding traveling and I would take a double and a carrier. That way she could rotate the three children as they needed breaks at the theme park.

Tell her to have fun for me!!! :D

todzwife
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Thank you! I'll forward all the info to her. :)

I asked if I could be stashed in the suitcase. I'd love to go too.

todzwife
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
why? that sounds crazy. for all day outings like that, i pack more than one bag. in the basket under the stroller are the things that i don't need easy access to and the larger items. in this case: change of clothes, extra diapers, first aid kit, blanket, and sling. in the bag that hangs on the stroller are the things that i need easy access to (one or two diapers, snacks, sippy cups, wipes, tissues, anti-bacterial lotion, lip balm, sun block, etc.). and then i carry a small light weight bag for the valuables that i don't want to leave in the stroller while we go on rides or leave the stroller unattended for any other reason (wallet, camera, phone, keys).

You'd honestly leave your stuff in your stroller while you left it to go on a ride? You could be away for an hour. Even if it's not valuable, the time lost having to go back to the hotel to "redo" would be a pain...no? This sounds like a great solution, but I'm not sure she'd want to leave anything behind (except maybe the water bottles). Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

There are sometimes that disposables just make sense and this is one of them, imo. She could really lighten her load by making that switch. Just an idea. I also second the idea of a smaller bag to take around. I admit that I am a very light packer though and would always take the bare minimum of essentials knowing that worse case scenario something could be bought.

I use my Lands End Little Tripper and it can carry almost everything she needs, minus full outfit changes for all.

It would be a thought to have all that extra stuff (the full outfit changes, for example) in the car if the odds of needing them are low and the car will be in the parking lot. (I haven't read the other posts but I am guessing they are going to Disney or something.)

Beth

ITA agree about the disposables!
Getting back to the car isn't very fun. I think they are staying within walking distance, but it's still a good hour to get out of the park, get back to the hotel room and go back to the park. The parking structure is even more of a pain IMO...trying to deal with the trams etc.

Thank you for the suggestions though. I'm not sure what she'll decide on.

salsah
04-17-2009, 12:00 AM
You'd honestly leave your stuff in your stroller while you left it to go on a ride? You could be away for an hour. Even if it's not valuable, the time lost having to go back to the hotel to "redo" would be a pain...no? This sounds like a great solution, but I'm not sure she'd want to leave anything behind (except maybe the water bottles). Please tell me if I'm missing something obvious.

well, maybe i'm wrong. but if i don't need it during the time that i am away from my stroller, then i don't see any reason to carry it. i have a bad back, so the potential outcome from carrying too much stuff is worse than having the stuff stolen. i actually worry more about my stroller being stolen than i worry about the stuff in it being stolen (aside from the valuables that i keep on me -- wallet,camera, phone, and keys). and that is not just because it is so expensive but because i need it more than the other stuff.

i'm interested to see what others say: leave it behind or keep it with you?

bubbaray
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I HIGHLY suggest the LE DIA for plane travel. It rocks. Its my largest bag and it opens wide like a dr's bag, so I can leave it open during the flight, but it easily slides under the seat in front of DD#2 for takeoff and landing.

I plan on taking a bag to leave on the stroller at Disneyland. Not sure which bag yet. I have a SH Duo that would work nicely, but it is red and the stroller it will be on is pink, so it clashes. I have a SH Dash in pink camo that would go perfectly with said stroller, but I would be sad it if got stolen. I could use the LE DIA, but it seems a bit big for in park use.

I will be wearing my LE LT with me on the rides.

todzwife
04-17-2009, 04:44 PM
I HIGHLY suggest the LE DIA for plane travel. It rocks. Its my largest bag and it opens wide like a dr's bag, so I can leave it open during the flight, but it easily slides under the seat in front of DD#2 for takeoff and landing.

I plan on taking a bag to leave on the stroller at Disneyland. Not sure which bag yet. I have a SH Duo that would work nicely, but it is red and the stroller it will be on is pink, so it clashes. I have a SH Dash in pink camo that would go perfectly with said stroller, but I would be sad it if got stolen. I could use the LE DIA, but it seems a bit big for in park use.

I will be wearing my LE LT with me on the rides.

lol it clashes!

Thank you for your suggestions!