PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in NYC for 4th of July

wendibird22
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
DH and I are planning on celebrating our 5th anniversary in NYC during 4th of July weekend (we got engaged in Central Park). We are planning on seeing a musical, going to a Yankees game, and watching the fireworks. We'd probably want to stay in Manhattan. Looking for suggestions of a decent, reasonably priced hotel that's a convenient locale to what we want to do. I'm not sure where the best place to see fireworks is so I'm thinking we'd probably want a hotel closer to where ever that is.

The only places I've stayed in the past are the Marriott Marquis and The Edison, but that was more than a decade ago!

I'd also welcome recommendations on good places to eat and the best place to get theater tickets from (likelihood of getting 2 seats together via TKTS?).

nancyvh
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
From what I unerstand the best hotel to see the Macys Fireworks iss the Millennium Un Plaza as it overlooks the East River where the fireworks are launched. So if that is your priority I would stay there. The Grand Hyatt-right next to Grand Central is offering a great rate right no around that time-about $153 ish. You can take a tran from Grand Central directly to the stadium,but no fireworks view. I think you'll have to decide which is more important.
Good luck!

LD92599
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
FYI that the fireworks for 2009 are from the Hudson River! YAY!!!!!

Enjoy your stay in NYC. Even though we live right outside of the city we're staying overnight for our 10th Anniv in Sept!

Laura

nancyvh
05-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, they changed the game plan up and now the fireworks will be over the Hudson. I noticed thatthe Crowne Plaza in Times Square has a Fireworks package. They claim to guarantee a view with that special rate. Very good loction for you if you plan on seeing a show or two. Also, I understand the Embassy Suites downtown has great views.
Good luck!!!

hellbennt
05-26-2009, 07:27 PM
I really like www.journeywoman.com as a resource :)
have fun!