PDA

View Full Version : Bringing own stroller to WDW--which one?

HIU8
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
DS will be 5 and DD will be 2 1/2. We are going in January 2010. I have a Mac Twin Rally and a BJCSD. We are driving, so there are no airline issues and we will make room for either one in the car (we are probably also going to have our quest). I have no idea where we are staying yet. If I don't end up bringing the BJCSD I am going to be selling it as I don't really need an AT double any longer. Which one would you bring? I know DD will ride in the stroller. I assume DS (at 5) will get tired and want to ride at some point daily.

egoldber
04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
I would bring the Mac Twin.

Wife_and_mommy
04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I would bring the Mac Twin.

:yeahthat: We went when our DS was close to 3 and a Zippy was overkill. He wanted to walk mostly. The Volo is perfect for us because we can sling it on a shoulder until it's needed.

I wouldn't bring a double for a 5yo.

clc053103
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I agree with the Zippy overkill! Easy to open and close for transportation, but still too much stroller for my 3 yo DS. Also my 5 yo nephew had no interest in riding on the back- if he was tired, he wanted a ride.

I would say Mac Twin if you truly see your 5 yo wanting a lift on a regular basis, or consider a Volo for just your DD- if your 5 yo really wants a ride later in the day, you could always rent one- or find a nice person leaving the park and ask for theirs!

egoldber
04-15-2009, 03:56 PM
The problem with getting the rental is you have to leave it at the gate and you usually want it for the ride to the car late at nigh. It can easily be 30+ minutes from the park gate to your vehicle (especially at MK). If you stay until after fireworks, it could be over an hour to your car. That's a long time to hold or coerce a tired, cranky kid to walk.

HIU8
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Will I need a better basket than what the Mac has? Also, my Mac is hard to push with DS and DD in it (at the mall). Is MK flat (I can't remember). I know I can hang a diaper bag off the back and it won't tip (but not a big one).

Wife_and_mommy
04-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I carried a Land's End backpack. I'm an overpacker but it was still fine. If you don't have a backpack to take, I think a small bag would work. It just needs to be easy to carry or throw in the Mac.

WatchingThemGrow
04-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I thought you've said before that Mac Rally Twin was a real bear to push. I'd take the BJ, personally, but I've never been to WDW with 2 kids. We don't like to walk long distances outside pushing anything other than air tires, so it would be an easy decision for me...

egoldber
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I went to WDW with a friend a few years ago and she had a Mac Twin that my (then) 5 year old and her 4 year old ended up in most of the time. It was not that bad to push IMO, but I'm not sure what model it was.

I would think that the convenience of ease of fold would be worth it. And WDW is very flat.

HIU8
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm really looking forward to taking DS and DD, but not looking forward to all the prep that goes into it. My parents took myself, my sister and my brother 3x when we were kids. I don't know how they did it.

todzwife
04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm really looking forward to taking DS and DD, but not looking forward to all the prep that goes into it. My parents took myself, my sister and my brother 3x when we were kids. I don't know how they did it.

See, I'm a weirdo who LOVES the planning part LOL!

HIU8
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
PLEASE plan my trip! I am getting the mousesavers newsletter and I'm wading through stuff to figure out which hotel to stay in, whether to get a meal plan, which park(s) to go to and how many days to spend there with a 2 1/2 and a 5 yr old (we will be in Orlando for a wedding). I was told conflicting things about character dinners (to book 3 months ahead and then 9 months ahead--by some IRL friends). We are trying to coordinate with family who also want to take their kids to WDW. My head is going to explode.

AddiesMom
04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
PLEASE plan my trip! I am getting the mousesavers newsletter and I'm wading through stuff to figure out which hotel to stay in, whether to get a meal plan, which park(s) to go to and how many days to spend there with a 2 1/2 and a 5 yr old (we will be in Orlando for a wedding). I was told conflicting things about character dinners (to book 3 months ahead and then 9 months ahead--by some IRL friends). We are trying to coordinate with family who also want to take their kids to WDW. My head is going to explode.

I know they recently changed how far out you can book meals. Try this website, it should be helpful in calculating when you can book. Planning Strategy Calculator for Disney Reservations...

http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

HIU8
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you. I will take a look at that site.

clc053103
04-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Post all your questions, I would love to help you plan and I am sure some other Disney Fans like myself would too! I wish this segment of BBB got more action, I love to talk Disney!

todzwife
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Post all your questions, I would love to help you plan and I am sure some other Disney Fans like myself would too! I wish this segment of BBB got more action, I love to talk Disney!

Heck ya!!! me too! I'd love to help!

AddiesMom
04-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Another WDW freak here... I have taken DD every January since she was 9 weeks old. So fire away with any questions!

On other message boards I am always known as "DisneyAndRedSox" :)

clc053103
04-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Another WDW freak here... I have taken DD every January since she was 9 weeks old. So fire away with any questions!

On other message boards I am always known as "DisneyAndRedSox" :)

are you on disboards? I have the same name as here.

I used to be on WDWMagic boards but I can't stand their love of Graco strollers (seriously, if you ask a stroller question inevitably you get 10 links to some $40 graco stroller at Walmart!!) , so I don't go on anymore.