PDA

View Full Version : bras for the less than well-endowed

newbiemom
04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm talking almost A cup, maybe AA cup (I'm not done shrinking, I guess) - where is the best place to buy? best brand? I know many might think I don't need a bra, but I do - specifically, I need bras that have light padding to smooth over the nipples (sorry if TMI).
looking for either online or a B&M store - thanks!

citymama
04-16-2009, 02:59 AM
I want to know too!

ETA Looking for non-underwire options!

WatchingThemGrow
04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
have you tried this one? I've loved it for over a decade or versions of it http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CM-220134&cgname=OSKEYBRPZZZ&rfnbr=5318

aa2mama
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
My breast size has changed radically since having kids, but pre-kids I was a AA. I used to buy Olga bras at Kohls, can't remember what kind specifically.

Melaine
04-27-2009, 09:26 PM
BUMP
Any other recommendations? I need to buy new bras and I am definitely only an A. Anyone find a really good push-up bra?

citymama
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Ladies, looks like we need to form a support group! :wink2:

Only partly kidding...

gobadgers
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm waiting to hear too! I have the hardest time, especially when the girls are still changing shape/size. The one I like best right now is actually a Hanes one from Target - comfy and stretchy (no underwire!), and at least I don't THINK there are any lines, even under a t-shirt. So much for springing for the nice ones, right?!

Melaine
04-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Only partly kidding...

:ROTFLMAO:
I thought I was the only one. My biggest gripe is that I have always been flat chested (barely an A) but I used to be slim all over so it made sense. Now, since having the girls, my stomach is pouching out and it is SO much harder to hide that when you have non-existent breasts! And they are even flatter after BFing.

misshollygolightly
04-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Me too! I've had luck getting bras at Target before...not sure what brand. I'm still nursing right now, though, so I'm enjoying my (temporarily) larger chest and haven't bought non-nursing bras in a while.

ahrimie
04-28-2009, 05:29 PM

Only partly kidding...

Can I join?? :P

Currently, I'm loving the vintage push up from Victoria Secret. It was $35 a couple of weeks ago--not sure if that was a sale price or not. And they gave out a card that had at least $10 off that they would scan for you later (up to $500 I think).

I've only tried Victoria Secret though.. it's the only reliable brand for me. They don't seem to last terribly long but they hold up decently and fit the best for me--plus a huge selection.

Melaine
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I bought the VS Angels Secret Embrace push-up and I hate it. It rides up and doesn't stay in place at all, even though I am pretty sure it is the right size. So annoying that it was named in some magazine as the best push-up ever.

newbiemom
04-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I actually googled and I found a website called AAlingerie, I think it's called. It's based in the UK but they do deliver to the US and offer a place in the US to send returns to. Anyone heard of them?

Melaine
04-28-2009, 08:25 PM
I actually googled and I found a website called AAlingerie, I think it's called. It's based in the UK but they do deliver to the US and offer a place in the US to send returns to. Anyone heard of them?

Nope, but for me it is very therapeutic to look at the lingerie models who are so small-chested. I've never seen women in sexy bras that are flat like me....so thanks for sharing!!!

Melaine
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow! Here's a video how to add cleavage with make-up!!
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Small-Boobs-Look-Bigger

newbiemom
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
:ROTFLMAO:
I thought I was the only one. My biggest gripe is that I have always been flat chested (barely an A) but I used to be slim all over so it made sense. Now, since having the girls, my stomach is pouching out and it is SO much harder to hide that when you have non-existent breasts! And they are even flatter after BFing.

:yeahthat:

I was griping to DH that now I will look forever pregnant because I have this tummy that sticks out and it's so visible because there are no boobs to help camouflage it.

hellokitty1
04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
in the same boat as all. prior to wearing these lovely, flattering nursingbras, i was wearing a Barely There bra. I got it directly from the Hanes/Playtex/Bali outlet but you can get them at regular retailers too. it does have an underwire bc it helps with the illusion of a chest but it is not bothersome at all.

http://www.barelythere.com/style.asp?cid=1&sid=&id=12

i probably would not need a bra except for the headlights that are always on high beams.

dcmom2b3
05-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Another member of the IBTC, here. I think I'm a 36 AAA now, I don't have the heart to measure. Sigh.

I used to have luck with Olga's "petite" line, haven't seen them in stores recently (but haven't been shopping, either). I have a couple of non-underwire stretch cross-over bras from Nordstrom like this (http://www.barenecessities.com/product.aspx?pf_id=Elita3038&source=gbase&term=Elita3038&cm_mmc=GLBS-_-Bra-_-Elita3038-_-NA) that I love.

bcafe
05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Do they make bras that have a "rubbery" no slip coating on the inside of the band? Kind of like those no-slip headbands? I am also small and bras ride up terribly, even when they are sized correctly. I think it is because I am so droopy. :(

ahrimie
05-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Do they make bras that have a "rubbery" no slip coating on the inside of the band? Kind of like those no-slip headbands? I am also small and bras ride up terribly, even when they are sized correctly. I think it is because I am so droopy. :(

Yes, they do!! I've seen several before, especially in the convertible bras. I know VS has (or used to have) them.

ltmommy
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I share your pain. I have just recently had great luck with bras from Target - Gilligan and O'Malley gel push up. Well, they say gel, but they don't feel heavy like I would expect. At first they only came in black and colors, but a few weeks ago they finally had nude! They are great, and only about $17 each. They are padded at the bottom and they do a miraculous job of giving me a nice shape (which also helps camouflage the tummy!).

I had always been between an A and a B, but after DD was born I felt like all of the "stuffing" had been taken out! I tried Nordstrom and even had a fitting at Intimacy, Oprah's favorite store (yea, the girl looked at me and said, "you're a 32a", no measuring or anything, thanks). I bought two very pricey bras from there, took them back a week later because they were painful, had them altered, and still barely wore them because they just hurt! I found some nice ones at VS and wore those instead, but they weren't padded so they didn't do much in terms of shaping. After DS, I went back to VS and NOTHING fit at all. So I was so happy when I found the Target ones, after a tip in Real Simple.

Melaine
05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks Leslie! I will definitely check those out since we are at Target so often anyway....and the price is certainly right!