PDA

View Full Version : is this a winter dress to you?

newmomm
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/Sale/Womens-Dresses/WH122/Womens-Fabulous-Party-Dress.html

Looking at the purple color...
I'm attending both a first communion and a wedding in May and would like to get one dress for both occasions. I like the style of this one, but not sure if it more of a winter color. I would probably pair it with pearls and a black cardigan for the communion and some funkier jewelry for the wedding.

What do you think?

Clare

Twoboos
04-16-2009, 08:35 AM
THe silk ones, no. The ones w/the velvet circles, yes. It might also depend on the "weight' of the silk once you get it! I think the purple/pink looks like it could be springy or wintery - good for yearround.

boolady
04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
:yeahthat:

ThreeofUs
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
The color is definitely not a winter-only color. I love the dress - you'll look great and perfectly dressed for both occasions.

You could also lighten up the effect of the velvet circles with a light-colored 3/4 sleeve cardigan in a coordinating color.

citymama
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I LOVE the dress! I would go for it in that color. If you are also ordering something from the non-sale items, use code EE81 for 25% off and free shipping by May 1.

HIU8
04-16-2009, 02:16 PM
That dress is so pretty. I LOVE the color. I think it would be appropriate for both events.

Melaine
04-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I would do it. Very pretty.

athompson
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Stunning. Buy it:applause:

newmomm
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
In case anyone was wondering, I ordered the dress and was very excited when it came...It was beautiful but I looked horrible in it!!!!!!!!!! It was way too long and too tight around the chest...oh-well!

Clare

citymama
04-24-2009, 01:51 PM
In case anyone was wondering, I ordered the dress and was very excited when it came...It was beautiful but I looked horrible in it!!!!!!!!!! It was way too long and too tight around the chest...oh-well!

Clare

This is my major complaint with women's Boden. I have no idea which woman's body type is the model for their clothes. They all look awful on me! In my case, they sort of hang, highlight all the stuff I'd rather hide and make me look like a bag with weird protrusions! I only have their tops, but they fit awfully.