PDA

View Full Version : PSA: If your UPS person comes too late

SomeoneLikeYou
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
PSA= public service announcement :)

Since UPS delivers to businesses first, you can always have a ups pkg delivered to your nearby UPS Store and it'll be there in the AM hours for a fee of about $7!!! Our UPS guy comes usually around 4p or so and had my stroller been delivered tomorrow I would've needed the stroller much sooner than that before we left on our trip and I was going to do this.

Fortunately, I was able to get Next Day shipping so it got here today when the timing doesn't matter but thought I'd pass along the info as I'll certainly be using this in the future!!!

Okay........so now I'm actually going to go downstairs and GET MY STROLLER!!!! :) heheeee!

codex57
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
The distribution center might not be too far away. You can just call and have them hold it at the distribution center (where the trucks go to pick up the packages to deliver). That's free.

I do it on ocassion when I live some place that doesn't drop off. I sorta don't like how the drivers just drop off packages at my door without a signature at my current place, but it is convenient (and I have two big pillars that hide packages from passing traffic).

edurnemk
04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
UPS used to leave packages on my doorstep which was ok with me, since that way I wouldn't have to be at home waiting all afternoon. But a few weeks ago I was expecting a couple of packages I really needed for a trip we were taking the next day, and on THAT day they decided not to leave them without a signature, also they came waaay earlier than they usually do which is why I wasn't home. I called UPS and they told me which distribution center to go to and at what time. Once there it took them almost 2 HOURS to find our packages and give them to us. And whenever my husband got up and asked the office lady about them she got upset and became very rude. We weren't the only ones there, a lot of people were upset about having to wait 60 or 90 minutes for their packages. Especially since they call you to confirm that it'll be ready and THEY tell you what time to come.
So I think I'll never order stuff fo rthe day before I leave on a trip.

The distribution center might not be too far away. You can just call and have them hold it at the distribution center (where the trucks go to pick up the packages to deliver). That's free.

I do it on ocassion when I live some place that doesn't drop off. I sorta don't like how the drivers just drop off packages at my door without a signature at my current place, but it is convenient (and I have two big pillars that hide packages from passing traffic).

SomeoneLikeYou
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Our UPS store happens to be a mile away so it's much closer than the dist. center :) Just another option I thought I'd put out there.

codex57
04-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Our UPS store happens to be a mile away so it's much closer than the dist. center :) Just another option I thought I'd put out there.

And I appreciate you letting us know that option. I wasn't trying to tell people not to pick your option at all. I just wanted to mention the distribution center option as well for those who might want to save money. I didn't know you could pick up anywhere for a long time so I wish you were around to tell me that way back then. Woulda saved me lots of frustration with the UPS guy I had to deal with back then.

All this is highly dependent on all the locations. The UPS Store is really close to my house. However, recently, my City completely dropped the ball and now my neighborhood is cut off from the rest of town meaning it's actually closer for me to go to the distribution center than the UPS store.

Just trying to give all the options out there and every new option is welcome.