PDA

View Full Version : I've said it before...

elizabethkott
04-16-2009, 04:24 PM
and I'll say it again:

DH, DO NOT, DO NOT, *DO NOT* TOUCH, MOVE, PLAY WITH OR USE *MY* TOOLS!!!!!

I have been searching for my drill bits for about 45 minutes now. OF COURSE you don't remember where you put them. I know where *I* put them the last time *I* used them - RIGHT NEXT TO THE DRILL. But somehow, they have gone missing, and the drill was not were *I* left it. So unless the little tool fairies came in the middle of the night and went "The Old Shoemaker" on us (which they did NOT), it follows that the drill bits would be with the drill, right were *I* left them, no?

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAH!

I'm seriously considering moving ALL his tennis and golf equipment to random places in the house, attic and garage so he can experience this same level of frustration in the near future.

neobunny
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm seriously considering moving ALL his tennis and golf equipment to random places in the house, attic and garage so he can experience this same level of frustration in the near future.

I'd say go for it. Maybe he'll finally get the hint. :D

ThreeofUs
04-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm there with you! With 2 kids now, I'm totally losing track of where anything is - and DH is totally defensive about it.

dcmom2b3
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM

DO IT!! But in a serial, piecmeal way, for weeks on end, so every time he's out on the links this summer and doesn't have his [insert small but necessary golfing item du jour] he'll have a bit of the frustration you feel. Is that too evil? Probably. But it is nice to think about.

I had the same issue w/ my DH and my tools (and my clothes, shoes, oh he!! every friggin thing in this house -- he never met something that he could put back where he got it from).

gatorsmom
04-16-2009, 10:39 PM
DO IT!! But in a serial, piecmeal way, for weeks on end, so every time he's out on the links this summer and doesn't have his [insert small but necessary golfing item du jour] he'll have a bit of the frustration you feel. Is that too evil? Probably. But it is nice to think about.

This is hysterical. Elizabeth, I hear you. I had a small toolbox when i married DH. It had the basics in it. DH had a huge toolchest, separate fancy, costly drills and other miscellaneous tools. I figured he'd never use my toolbox not when he owned the biggest collection around. Well guess what? My toolbox has been ravaged. I know longer know where any of my handy little tools are or nails or anything. Gone. long gone. I've had a little revenge with some of his favorite clothing items though. Now, when he asks where something is I just say, "hmm, probably with my favorite screwdriver." (insert evil laugh)

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes,yes,yes. The little house gremlins should most definatly move his sports equipment to the far reaches of the house. Serves him right.(insert smilie with it's tongue sticking out here).