PDA

View Full Version : Am I in early labor?

ekl417
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I am 37 weeks with baby #2. Today I lost my mucus plug (some brown blood) and I have been having mentral-like cramps. I was checked yesterday so I am thinkng that is why the mucus was colored brown. I was 2 centimeters dialated and 50% effaced. I did not loose plug or have these cramps with #1.
Do you think baby may be on the way? I have DD's birthday party on Sunday, I want to make it throught thaat! LOL!

SnuggleBuggles
04-16-2009, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't start getting too excited yet. Get yourself physcially prepared (childcare lined up, bags packed...) but be mentally prepared to go several more weeks. The loss of a mucus plug after an exam could be merely a coincidence of it being dislodged. Also, your baby doesn't always get the memo that your cervix is making progress. Oh, and the exam can trigger cramps as well. I would write things off as a result of the exam. You never know though. So, like I said, get ready physically but try not to spend emotional energy timing every little twinge and feeling like it could be any second now. That is an exhausting way to spend the next (possibly) few days or weeks.

Beth

shawnandangel
04-16-2009, 10:21 PM
What Beth said. Losing the mucus plug does not necessarily mean you are going into labor. I lost mine around 37 weeks and had to be induced at 39 because of low amniotic fluid.

Momof3Labs
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM
That was me at 37w with DS2. Annoying off-and-on cramping for 2 weeks, and he arrived at exactly 39w (on his own).

ekl417
04-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks ladies! I kind of figured that is what was going on. I would like baby to stay in there for at least another week or two!!