PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite yoga pants (not for actual yoga though ;))

elektra
04-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Yes, I am a yoga poser. I like the pants but don't actually do much actual yoga!
I have these Old Navy yoga pants from maybe 2005 that I still love and if I could find 10 more pairs in this exact style I would get them. And yes they have surprisingly held up this long, even being Old Navy.
But they don't make this same style anymore. I have already gone through another round of Old Navy pants (they were more like sweats really) and I just threw one pair in the trash. They are just not the same.

These old ones just fit perfectly- perfect loose/tight ratio, actually makes my butt look a little smaller IMO, and can work during pregnancy or after.

Anyone have pants like this that are still on sale somewhere?

egoldber
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I love the Lands End yoga pants and exercise pants.

bubbaray
04-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Lululemon. Pricey, but worth every penny.

I particularly like their crops, they have a variety of styles.

cono0507
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Totally agree. I have one pair of lululemon pants and one pair of crops and they are by far the best I've ever owned. Love them!

maylips
04-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I have some jcrew ones that I love, but I've had them for years so I'm sure they don't make the same style. But the key for me is the ability to get the long length. I hate short (cropped is fine, I mean doesn't mean to be short) pants.

What makes Lululemon so great? I've contemplated investing in some, but didn't know why they would be so much better at those prices.

bubbaray
04-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, they are Lululemon, for starters. Seriously, Lululemon was founded here in Vancouver and they quickly attained cult-like status.

Their cut is VERY flattering. VERY VERY flattering. Once you've tried them on, you'll understand. BTW, their tanks are flattering too. As are their hoodies. Oh, and their thong underwear.... You get my point.

If you get Lulu stuff, just make sure you don't ever washi them with towels. Generally, i wash my Lulu stuff on its own in cold and hang to dry.

HTH

elektra
04-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Cool, thanks- I will check out all of these. I don't mind paying more either since frankly, I would have paid 3x what I did for these Old Navy ones. But then I may end up getting some of the cheaper ones in addition to the Luluemon ones since I would be wearing these quite a bit. I do need some tanks too.... off to luluemon...

cono0507
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
The lululemon pants I have are a more substantial knit than others I've tried. Mine have flat lock seams (ala Hanna Andersson). When I bought them, the sales person told me I could wash them anyway I wanted and dry them anyway as well, and that has held true. I've had them for a year, I machine wash on cold and dry in the dryer and they look brand new. Plus they do free alterations so the length is perfect. Just wish they weren't so darn pricy!

corky888
04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I absolutely love my lululemon pants and tops. The quality is top notch and they hold up very well. I have a pair of old navy yoga pants that I stretched out when I was pregnant and then I invested in the yoga pants and haven't looked back. If you get a chance try the be still pants....they have pockets and can be worn as regular pants around town but are totally comfortable.

They are pricey but worth it IMHO.

Corky

ahrimie
04-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Totally agree. I have one pair of lululemon pants and one pair of crops and they are by far the best I've ever owned. Love them!

Did yours pil? Mine have everywhere! :(

CBrady
04-22-2009, 09:47 AM

I totally agree. LuLu Lemon is around the $80 or $90 range, but if you want your butt to look good, with nice black pants that doesn't get very linty....buy these....worth every cent.
:heartbeat:

julymommy
04-22-2009, 09:55 AM
I like both Athleta and Lucy - and both have petite sizes - which I love.

WatchingThemGrow
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
gap outlet!

CBrady
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I just rec'd an email that BR is now selling Athleta for those of you that are interested.

lucybabymamma
04-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree with the Lucy post! LOVE my yoga pants from there and they have good sales, too. Oh...and I like the store name....

craezie
04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Danskin!
I have washed them 100s of times, and they still look good as new. They have a great supportive waistband that works well during pregnancy (and to hide post pregnancy pooch) too.

viba424
12-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I have to agree with you. Once you find a pair that works for you, its love. Its hard not to feel dumpy in sweatpants but in those you feel great. I have yet to buy one of their $99 sweatshirts however. I spent part of today trying to explain the magic of Luluemon to DH. They also do free alterations, which I think is pretty classy.

mamalia
12-27-2009, 01:10 AM
nak

nike dri fit

ExcitedMamma
12-31-2009, 12:42 PM
I heard that yoga pants were great PP in that transition phase so I bought a few sizes of Champion at Target and I love them! The huge size I bought is so comfy right now and my husband really loves them on me which I needed to hear since I feel huge now! They're really flattering on me at 39 wks so I'm sure they will only look better after baby is out. I definitely feel more put together than in sweats. I think I'll be living in these after delivery! Plus since they're from Target the price is great.

BabyH
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Ones I'm living in now are Merona from Target. The fold down part is great for actually folding up and acting like a "secret belly" fit!

I also just ordered a pair on sale from Athleta (one of the stores at gap.com) so I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery so I can see how I like them!