PDA

View Full Version : How in the world did we break ANOTHER coffee pot?!?!?

Veronica's Mommy
04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
That's the 3rd one in a year! :banghead:
Not the coffee maker, just the pot, which sucks because it is impossible or ridiculously expensive to find the exact size to replace it. So we have to toss out a perfectly good coffeemaker cause of the stupid crappy glass pot! I swear we are not hard on them.
Do expensive coffeemakers have sturdier pots???

DebbieJ
04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a replacement carafe?

We have one with an insulated carafe, not glass, and it's basically indestructible.

niccig
04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
That's the 3rd one in a year! :banghead:
Not the coffee maker, just the pot, which sucks because it is impossible or ridiculously expensive to find the exact size to replace it. So we have to toss out a perfectly good coffeemaker cause of the stupid crappy glass pot! I swear we are not hard on them.
Do expensive coffeemakers have sturdier pots???

I know some have stainless steel pots,would that work better? It might be worth getting stainless steel - it probably will cost more, but if lasts more than one year, you'll be ahead of the 3 you've already gone through. Sorry. I need my cuppa in the morning too.

niccig
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for a replacement carafe?

Do this. The turntable ring in my microwave broke, and I got a new one. It did cost $20 shipped, BUT cheaper than a new microwave.

Veronica's Mommy
04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Our current one was purchased for $4 at a rummage sale, so I can't be TOO upset. It was nicer than either of our other ones though. No manual, so I don't know the model # or anything. I am going to look into the carafe kind, or the one that lets you brew a pot then dispense 1 cup at a time. (Not the pod kind.) We just got our tax check so maybe I will splurge on a late birthday gift for DH (he doesn't know about the coffee pot yet) since all I got him was undershirts LOL.
It's just frustrating! I'm more baffled than anything!