PDA

View Full Version : Burley bike trailer or BOB Revolution?

ourbabygirl
04-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi, Everyone!

So I have a gift card to REI that we got as a gift, originally intended to get a bike trailer to use this summer. We bought ourselves new bikes, but I'm wondering if it would be a better use of the REI money to spend it on a BOB Revolution than a Burley. I was thinking we would probably use the jogger stroller (if nothing else, just for walks) more than the bike trailer, and while we can't get a cheaper BOB from REI or elsewhere (they're basically $389.99 everywhere I look), we can get a cheaper bike trailer from Amazon.com or something. We have a Graco stroller from the travel system, but I'm not crazy about the way it works or looks; very bumpy over all the sidewalk spaces, etc., and not great on hills.
I realize that we can also buy a stroller conversion kit for the Burley, but it seems pretty big and cumbersome and I don't know that I would use it for regular strollering around the malls and stuff like I would use a BOB.

I just want to use the money in the best way possible, and take advantage of sales they've got going on. Also, DD is 6 months now, so she won't be 1 year til October, when the biking season is almost over in MN.

Is a Burley worth the money? It looks like people love them, but I'm not sure how much we'd actually use it, and maybe it would be better to get a cheaper Schwinn one or something, and spend the money on a BOB.

I'm hoping to go to REI tomorrow if they have the Friends & Family sale.

Any advice you have would be appreciated :wink2:

TIA!

bubbaray
04-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Does REI still sell Chariots? They are AWESOME and they have a jogging kit and a stroller kit. The stroller kit makes the stroller reasonably small -- its just small wheels under the main unit, whereas the jogging kit has the front wheel extend out in front.

We rarely use our bike trailer. Hoping to use it more this year, but not yet.