PDA

View Full Version : Which jogging stroller?

Jajsmom
04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I am in need of a jogging stroller. I have a 1 month old. We live on a horse ranch with dirt roads/trails. I need something to mostly walk with, but occasionally jog with. What do you think would work well in this environment? I'm looking for something on the lower price end since dh isn't working right now. Then I read some reviews of the Baby Jogger. Would that work well on dirt roads? I have a P3 and a Quest from my others. I wonder if I should sell the P3, keep the quest and get the Elite.
Thanks.

SomeoneLikeYou
04-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I just got my Elite and used it for 10 straight hours while at the Earth Day Festival at Liberty State Park this weekend. It became our nap and diaper station and it glided over bumpy/grassy/some dirt hole-y terrain..........and that's all there was........no smooth terrain really at all........except maybe for the boardwalk that lined the ocean, but even that was a brick walk way and provided a super lulling bouncy bumpy ride for DD. I saw sooooooo many parents with thier Gracos and other non AT strollers struggling and each time felt more and more validated for our purchase.

I literally took pics with my Nikon D80 w telephoto lens and steered at the same time and wasn't out of focus somehow!!! lol

I believe "they" say no jogging with babies under 9mos? But the Elite accepts carseats and you could use that cabability or just put baby in the fully reclined seat (with maybe a head support) and not jog for awhle?

strollerqueen
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
No, that is really dangerous, don't do it! The reason you are not supposed to run with young babies is because you are risking "shaken baby syndrome." Their muscles aren't developed enough to withstand all that jostling around. Plus, car seats in strollers make them very tippy. Just such a bad idea. If your really want to jog, go with a fixed wheel jogger with a handbrake and big air tires. And wait until your baby is old enough to take the shocks and bumps.

Jajsmom
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm looking to walk right now until my baby is old enough to jog. I just need something that works good on dirt/grass/gravel and to eventually jog with. I'm really not much of a jogger.
Thanks.

strollerqueen
04-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Check your local CL for gently used joggers. You can find really nice, high quality ones for under $100. Stick with 16" or 20" wheels, you will need them on your terrain.

chozen
04-20-2009, 01:47 PM
what about walking a 2 mo.old baby in a graco stroller on gravel is that to bumpy for them?

Jajsmom
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
My local craigslist isn't as good as where we moved from. There is hardly anything on ours. I'm thinking of a BOB Rev. if I can sell my P3. I just need dh to get it from storage. How much are '05 P3's going for?

Check your local CL for gently used joggers. You can find really nice, high quality ones for under $100. Stick with 16" or 20" wheels, you will need them on your terrain.