PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Charlotte?

amldaley
04-18-2009, 08:39 AM
We will be heading to Charlotte, NC for a three day weekend sometime in May or June.

We'll be hitting Ikea for sure, TJ's, Whole Foods, and, I think there is a Container Store there.

Aside from that shopping...what else do you recommend? We'd like to spend one day or more walking around, sites, shopping, lunch sort of thing. DD will only be 9 or 10 months, so stroller friendly or easy walking with a carrier. We do a lot of photography, so scenic suggestions are welcome, too.

Any ideas?

daisyd
04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
We went to Charlotte, NC in our pre-baby time. We liked the quiet and easy trails in the McDowell Nature Reserve. I'd think it is doable with DC. I bet you'd get a bunch of photo opportunities there. We went in the fall and ours turned out to be a foodie's trip. We explored several eating places. DH's all time fave Indian restaurant is in Charlotte. We also loved one of the Mexican places - mouth watering chimichangas, great portion sizes and inexpensive food. Don't remember the names; though it should come up in google.

Enjoy your trip!

LisaMom2Allie
04-24-2009, 01:14 AM
There is Discovery Place but the baby might be too young-they do have a childrens play area. Downtown is nice-many restaurants and some fountains. The Southpark area is nice(great mall!)

Carowinds-amusement park with a water park with a kids area and also a kids section of the amusement park.

I am about an hour from Charlotte and am down there all the time mainly to shop LOL! Feel free to ask any specific questions!

WatchingThemGrow
04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
My next visit will include Ikea, Concord Mills, and perhaps the Rooms to Go clearance center. We need a new couch for my kids to color on.

Isn't there a trolley ride somewhere?