PDA

View Full Version : the mall on a saturday night plus jean shopping. What was i thinking?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm rarely a mall shopper. I usually just hit target for whatever I need or the resale shop and let it go at that. Tonight I went with a girlfriend to get pedicures and eyebrows waxed at a little mall place we both like.

Then came the moment, we went upstairs to lane bryant and came back downstairs and the 13-16 year olds had decended on us. Not only did I notice what fashions are doing (not bad by the way,thank god the midriff and the whale tale are out of fashion) but I noticed how much the young ones look like babies. I also realized I was feeling my age.

Then we went jean shopping since jcpenny was having a sale and lane bryant wanted $45 dollars a pair for jeans! Ok,so I'm 35 and buying my jeans at penny's-ugh.

I'm soooo feeling 35 tonight. Oh-and after 2 stores and 5 pairs of jeans I still didn't find any that I liked. Grrrr.

Tammy
04-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I hear ya! Same age as you and totally feeling out of place when I went shopping for jeans today. I HATE shopping for jeans. Someone here recommended that website (zafu I think) to help you find the right jeans. So I tried it and was able to snag a pair of Lee's from Kohl's for a good price a while back. But could I find them again?? Nope- nowhere. Now I'm in pretty good shape, but no way do I want my butt or other private areas hanging out of my jeans now like the 13-16 year old do. And does every freaking pair of jeans have to be stretch??? Sure it's comfortable, but so are my pajamas. That doesn't mean I want to wear them out of the house and look like I have a poopy butt all day from the stretchy fabric. I got tired out and gave up- no new jeans for me.

MMEand1
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM
This whole jeans thing is a PAIN! I need new jeans and cannot find them for the life of me. I tried on 7 pair in one store and did not find a single one to fit right. Went to another store and again, struck out. What's with the pants these days?