PDA

View Full Version : BJCC vs. BJCE- questions to owners...

zag95
04-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Hello-
I was reviewing some old threads comparing these two Baby Joggers-

Both look to be good- I am seeing the BJCC for around 290- and the Elite for 320-

Is it worth it to get the Elite for $30 more??

What are the benefits to the different wheels- alum vs. polymer on some??

Thanks so much- I have finally convinced DH to get this... thought it would be perfect for summer and more walking since we just have the MacLaren Quest and the baby backpack :yay:

WatchingThemGrow
04-19-2009, 06:58 AM
The aluminum was on 2008 and the polymer is on 2009, but on the BJCE. The 2009 also has suspension in it (huge plus).

Elite has
-awesome parent console with 6 pockets
-bubble canopy w/more headroom, may also last longer heightwise
-extended leg rests that open up to access underseat basket
- maybe different (magnetic) flaps on the canopy
-maybe more padding on seats and straps (not sure)

SomeoneLikeYou
04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I have the Elite but never even looked at a Classis so I can only tell you how the Elite wowed me this weekend. We went to Liberty State Park for the Earth Day Festival (we are kite vendors) and thus were there from 8a to 6p. The Elite served as a PERFECT nap place (reclines all the way and is super padded) with that footrest/kickplate. DD seriously had a BED once that plate was up. The canopy shielded her from all but the 6p ish setting of the sun (a degree that I can't imagine any canopy could shield unless it completely enclosed DC). The vented back (when seat is reclined) let this wonderful breeze just flow right thru her seat and she NEVER got sweaty even though it reached 80 yesterday.

And diaper changes on the go you ask??????/ Um this thing ROCKED!!! SHe actually couldn't do that twisty dance she does lately when she wants to be free of the diaper!! lol.

The parent console held: snack cup of cheerios, 12oz sippy for her, my cell, my wallet, her sun hat, and for some reason a ended up wiht a tube of A&D in another pocket.

The bottom basket held 2 blankets and her diaper pod. The mesh back pockets held my windbreaker and her shoes.

I cliped her OBall to a Dring down near her butt.

It was seriously like having a Baby Station all day long. She even took her bottles in there. It was a godsend.

Um, yeah, I like my Elite.

Also, LOVE the magnetic vs velcro closures. What a nice perk!!

brismom
04-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Last week I emailed Baby Jogger to get the specific differences between the BJCC and the BJCE and this is what they replied:

The City Elite has extra padding, magnetized windows vs. velcroed windows on the Classic, it also has a kick stand under the seat to prop up the seat, larger under seat storage basket and it comes with a parent console. The Classic you would have to purchase the console separately and it does not have any kickstand to it. They both have adjustable handlebars and both have 12" air filled tires.

zag95
04-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks so much! This is so helpful! There are too many choices- but I am going with A BJ because I sat my DD who is almost 15 mos old in a BOB and there wasn't much room for growth- she's above the 95% in height :)

I also love the handlebars because I am almost 6 ft tall and need to have the HIGH!!!

I just wish they had one in Portland to "test" drive- I've called REIs and other specialty stores- I hate to buy "sign unseen" but I think I'll be OK.

Now I just have to find the best deal!!

arivecchi
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Check out this awesome sale:

http://www.stroller.com/baby-jogger-city-elite-all-terrain-stroller-brown-tan.html