PDA

View Full Version : Moms of Multiples, what strollers did/do you have?

mamaoftwins
04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
The 'what carseats do you have' post got me thinking ... what strollers have you had, and what do you currently have?

Here's my list ...

CURRENT:

Graco DuoGlider - I used it exclusively with the carseats for the first 6mos or so, and then up until a few weeks ago for shopping trips (that basket is enormous!!). For shopping now, I wear one of the boys in my Ergo and the other boy goes in the cart, unless I happen on a two seater cart, then the one being worn also goes in the cart. I'm planning on putting this stroller on CL this week. *tear* I have so many fond memories in this stroller, it makes me sad to sell it, but we just don't need it anymore.

Mac Twin Triumph - purchased when the boys were abt 3mo old. Love this stroller, but for inside only really. Not the best for outside use.

SOLD:

Baby Jogger Performance Series Double - purchased when the guys were abt 15mo old. I had grand ideas of jogging with them, but went out and HATED it. I need to run alone. So, I thought I'd save it for outdoor use, but that fixed wheel is such a PITA (IMO). But luckily I was able to sell this on CL pretty quick. :)

TO BUY:

Baby Jogger City Classic Double - planning on getting one of these soon for outside use: walks, the park, the Zoo, etc. Now if I can just get that coupon code for 20% off at upsideover to work, which it is not right now!!

:)

twowhat?
04-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I have the double snap n go right now - lifesaver! Will be sad when the girls outgrow their snugrides and I can't use it.

Also have the Baby Jogger City Mini Double - LOVE it. Great for walks and for inside and easy/light enough to use for every day. Don't plan on buying any other stroller unless we will be flying. If that happens, I'll get a used Maclaren or Peg Aria or Jeep twin stroller on Craigslist for the airport. Def. don't want the airline to trash my Baby Jogger!

gatorsmom
04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Double snap n go

Mountain Buggy Urban Double (MBUD) -bought this for my first two boys. It became my allpurpose stroller before I even had twins. Soon I'll be using it as my all purpose for my twins. I love this stroller. It is incredibly durable and such a smooth ride. Absolutely fabulous stroller.

Adventure Buggy Company Twin Everest with the add-on doubles kit making it a quad when I go walking. The add-on feature is great.

I also have an Mountain Buggy Urban Single which I bought for my first son. Can't imagine I'll be using that a lot for the twins, you know? :)

mamaoftwins
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Adventure Buggy Company Twin Everest with the add-on doubles kit making it a quad when I go walking. The add-on feature is great.

This one?

http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/images/016_lr.jpg

That is, by far, the coolest stroller I have seen yet!! :)

gatorsmom
04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
This one?

http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/images/016_lr.jpg

That is, by far, the coolest stroller I have seen yet!! :)

Yep, that's the one. It is a very cool stroller. If it folded a bit smaller, I think it would be my all-time favorite. It pushes very nearly as smoothly as the MBUD but not quite. I don't think anything compares to the MBUD. :heartbeat: jhho.

mamaoftwins
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Yep, that's the one. It is a very cool stroller. If it folded a bit smaller, I think it would be my all-time favorite. It pushes very nearly as smoothly as the MBUD but not quite. I don't think anything compares to the MBUD. :heartbeat: jhho.

Seriously, so cool. :) I'm just looking at the MBUD now. We are getting a new stroller for outdoor use, and have been leaning towards the BJCCD. Does the MBUD's single canopy annoy you or the kids? I like the idea of 2 canopies better for the guys.

gatorsmom
04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Seriously, so cool. :) I'm just looking at the MBUD now. We are getting a new stroller for outdoor use, and have been leaning towards the BJCCD. Does the MBUD's single canopy annoy you or the kids? I like the idea of 2 canopies better for the guys.

The boys fought over the canopy for the first 15 minutes we owned it and then they forgot about it. Honestly, I havne't thought about that since we bought it!

I would add, though, that the canopy is short and I add on the MBUD bug net which can be folded in away to make the canopy longer.

There are some quirky things that some people complain about with the Mountain Buggies but honestly, the most important thing to me is all about how easy it is to push. I don't care how great the fold is, how perfect the canopy is, etc., if the dang thing doesn't move where you need it to and WHEN you need it to, how much does the rest matter? (ok, off my soap box :tongue5: )

arivecchi
04-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Seriously, so cool. :) I'm just looking at the MBUD now. We are getting a new stroller for outdoor use, and have been leaning towards the BJCCD. Does the MBUD's single canopy annoy you or the kids? I like the idea of 2 canopies better for the guys. I was also choosing between the MBUD and the BJCCD and chose the later because the separate canopies ARE JUST AWESOME and the BJCCD seems more plush in general than the MBUD. The BJCCD canopies almost come back down to the seat, that's how huge they are. Having said that, I also love the MBUD, but am very happy with the decision I made. More on topic, a good friend has twins and loves her BJCMD.

BeachBum
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I too have a snap and go and a MBUD. Mine boys are still just babies so I'm loving the bassinet on the MBUD. (We have a 2 story house and the bassinet is a life saver for downstairs.) I agree that the push is fabulous! I can push one handed and hold the other baby if I have to.
The canopy does suck. But I just use a ray shade and it's fine.

Does anyone have a tandem that they love? I really think I want a back to back for mall trips.

gatorsmom
04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
the BJCCD seems more plush in general than the MBUD.

That's funny. That's actually a common reason people LOVE the Mountain Buggies. I can hose it out. Or at least quickly and easily wipe it out. To make it plush I put in some thick towels that I can take out and wash. I do have a snuzzler to use with it. But i realized that towels are easier, handier, and wash and dry more easily.

My Twin Everest is cushy and i wish it wasn't. Especially when I"m trying to clean up spilled juice and crushed, stuck on food or spilled formula.

Now that the boys are 3 and 5yo I still use the MBUD for walks (the weight limit on the MBUD is 120lbs.) and they usually are climbing out with their dusty shoes and are pretty rough on it. Just another reason to hate plush.

Anyway, I also feel better knowing the stroller wasn't made it China. In 5 years it has never broken. Besides it still comes down to this- I've driven them both and I still think the MBUD drives better. Can you tell I just love my baby, um I mean, stroller?? :yay:

arivecchi
04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
That's funny. That's actually a common reason people LOVE the Mountain Buggies. I can hose it out. Or at least quickly and easily wipe it out. To make it plush I put in some thick towels that I can take out and wash. I do have a snuzzler to use with it. But i realized that towels are easier, handier, and wash and dry more easily.

My Twin Everest is cushy and i wish it wasn't. Especially when I"m trying to clean up spilled juice and crushed, stuck on food or spilled formula.

Now that the boys are 3 and 5yo I still use the MBUD for walks (the weight limit on the MBUD is 120lbs.) and they usually are climbing out with their dusty shoes and are pretty rough on it. Just another reason to hate plush.

Anyway, I also feel better knowing the stroller wasn't made it China. In 5 years it has never broken. Besides it still comes down to this- I've driven them both and I still think the MBUD drives better. Can you tell I just love my baby, um I mean, stroller?? :yay: That's great. Now you are making me rethink my decision! The canopies were really important for me tough because I have a newborn. I also use the snuzzler. That thing is awesome!

gatorsmom
04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
That's great. Now you are making me rethink my decision! The canopies were really important for me tough because I have a newborn. I also use the snuzzler. That thing is awesome!

Oops. I"m sorry. Just got a little carried away, ya know? :) I agree about the snuzzler. I love it too. I used it all the time with Gator in his MBUS. Ah, that was such a simpler time.....

la mama
04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
We have a double snap n' go, which has been great for going to the dr.'s office, church, etc. but we also have a baby trend double jogger (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2796629). I looked at the other links to double strollers and they don't seem to have anything extra or better than the baby trend but they cost quite a bit more. Is there something bad I don't know about the stroller I have or can I ask why other moms chose the strollers they did? I love the baby trend jogger, the ride is super smooth. I do have to use two hands to steer, which is fine for me. I just want to make sure it wasn't recalled or something since I have never seen it mentioned on this forum.

fivi2
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
We had a double snap and go when they were little. We then bought the Baby Jogger City Series Double (I guess the classic, it was before the others came out!). I LOVE my BJ. I chose it over the Valco and the MBUD because of the fold. We store ours in the car so I have to fold and unfold it almost every day. (There is a video out there that shows how easy it is). It steers really well - perhaps the MBUD is better, I don't know :)

mamaoftwins
04-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I just want to make sure it wasn't recalled or something since I have never seen it mentioned on this forum.

Heather! I have actually been thinking about you and wondering how you & the kiddos were doing. Haven't seen you on the board in awhile.

Nothing at all wrong with the Baby Trend you have. I think that some of the others (BJ, MB & the like) are just *nicer* in some ways - like you mentioned, you can't steer yours with one hand, the others you can. I actually had my boys in the Baby Trend (my friend bought one on a recommendation from you guys - I posted about this several months ago) and it steers fine, but then I drove another friend's BJ and it had even better steering! And they have some other perks, too - suspension, cool fold, nicer hoods, stuff like that.

AJP
04-21-2009, 07:27 AM
We are still using the snap & go as my girls still fit in the infant seats. We also have a Valco trimode twin & BJCM double. We alternate between the 3 depending on where were going. The Valco has the smoothest ride of the 2 SBS's but it is a PAIN to lift in & out of the SUV.

TwinFoxes
04-21-2009, 08:18 AM
I had a double snap-n-go until the girls were 9 months old (they're 10 mos now) which I loved until the very end.

A Chicco single umbrella stroller that I've used once when I had to take one of the girls to the doctor's alone.

And my beloved BJCMD. Love, love, love it! I was torn between this and the Elite (I would have gotten last year's model so they'd be pretty much the same price) and I'm glad I went with the Mini. So easy to toss in the trunk! I can't imagine needing another stroller, this one is perfect!

Melaine
04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
I've had about 7 so far (pathetic) but have finally found the final stroller Baby Jogger City Double (one from a couple years ago). Before that I had the DuoGlider, the DuoRider, Kolcraft Doubles, Eddie Baeur, I want to say, and a Safari Double jogging something or other.
If I could do it again, I would just freakin' spend the money in the beginning on a good one.

caheinz
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Started with a Double Snap N Go. A bit clumsy to handle, but not as bad as I expected. Still use it when out in the van, though the SafeSeats are getting a little heavy.

Recently got a BOB Rev Dualie, using it for neighborhood walks. Love it! Can't wait until next month, when I can use it to start running again!

Probably want one more, something like an umbrella stroller -- for shopping and such. The BOB is a little wide for that...

chinook
04-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Duoglider for errands etc. I looked forever at side by sides once they were out of their bucket seats but nothing ever seemed "perfect" so I just stuck with the duoglider.

Chariot CX2 for runs/walks/dog walks - LOVE that thing. I usually use the "strolling" wheels for the maneuverability. The infant slings were fabulous when they were tiny. I could zip them up in there in foul weather and they were nicely protected from the elements.

Now we use the wagon alot, they love that dang wagon. :) I still jam them in the duoglider for errand at the mall etc., though.

Becca34
04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
With my singleton, I had a Kolcraft Universal Carrier, a P3, and a Volo.

With my twins, I had a double Snap n' Go, and now an Inglesina Twin Swift.

I don't mind the Swift even though the canopies are terrible. It's fine for a car stroller, and we're not the outdoorsy type. I actually bought another Volo, so DH and I both take one if we go out together, which is much easier than pushing any double.

But, I really want another, sturdier double stroller! I've been eyeing the BJCMD, but the one complaint I've heard is that it's for smaller kids -- and my twins are HUGE. DD2 is 37+ inches and 34 pounds at 22 months....so I'm worried that the BJCMD won't hold her for another year and a half...

BeachBum
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I too have a snap and go and a MBUD. Mine boys are still just babies so I'm loving the bassinet on the MBUD. (We have a 2 story house and the bassinet is a life saver for downstairs.) I agree that the push is fabulous! I can push one handed and hold the other baby if I have to.
The canopy does suck. But I just use a ray shade and it's fine.

Does anyone have a tandem that they love? I really think I want a back to back for mall trips.

Just wanted to update that I bought a (used) Peg Perego tender. So far I am loving it. It is light, steers like a dream, and being a tandem is is so much easier to use at the mall than my SBS. The sun shades are really good too. I took it for a neighborhood walk and it was great. I think for some people this could be their only stroller.

hobie
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Car Stroller - Inglesina Twin Swift...I really ddin't like that stroller, it was way too hard too push, IMO. Id much rather use a stroller with bike tires.

Walking Stroller - BOB Doullie...Love this stroller! It is still big enough to fit my almost 6 yo's for the big trips to Disney. It even pushes great with only one rider.

Mall Stroller - Valco Single with Toddler Seat...This worked ok, but they outgrew the toddler seat, BUT then it was a single stroller for DS#3, so it was a good buy afterall.