PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successfully sell thier Metrolite?

SomeoneLikeYou
04-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Just wondering as I have it up on Craigs. I posted both my Metrolite and my Jeep Overland on Thursday and the Jeep was paid for and picked up the next day. The Metrolite still hasn't received even one interested email :( Anyone make a sell or are these strollers just not what people want anymore?? How much did it go for, if you don't mind me asking?

ThreeofUs
04-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I sold mine - stroller, infant seat, etc. - for $50. It was almost brand-new, as I had never used most of it and my boys grew out of the infant seat by 3 months. There are a lot of strollers like this on CL, which I think accounts for the low interest.

kijip
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
There are a ton on the CL here. I think to get a buyer quick you need to drop the price to the $15-30 range tops.

DrSally
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I haven't tried to sell mine yet, it's in great condition though. I've seen a lot worse Evenflo's that are totally grimey, for sale for $30. Don't know if they sold though. I tend to keep my strollers pretty clean.

arivecchi
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
You can do a search in google for metrolite and craigslist and find out any posted ones. That way you can see what prices they are normally listed for.

american_mama
04-22-2009, 02:45 AM
I sold a well-used Evenflo Featherlite at a garage sale last fall for about $7. I well-remember shopping for the stroller 7 years ago and it was similar to the Metrolites out then. But the Metrolites were a little bigger, more substantial looking, and were bigger sellers. Don't know if that increases demand for them - because they are a known quantity - or decreases demand because there is an over-supply.

WatchingThemGrow
04-22-2009, 05:50 AM
You can do a search in google for metrolite and craigslist and find out any posted ones. That way you can see what prices they are normally listed for.

I would do this, then price LOWER than the ones you see listed. The ones you see listed are the ones that aren't selling. The ones that have sold are not posted anymore.

SomeoneLikeYou
04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I would do this, then price LOWER than the ones you see listed. The ones you see listed are the ones that aren't selling. The ones that have sold are not posted anymore.

lol. sage advice :)

Yeah, the stroller had been used literally 5 times. I got one when she was born, used it every day, but then the wheel started getting wonky so BRU actually exchanged/traded it out for me when she was about 9mos old!!! So the last 2mos it's been cold and crappy out so I didn't use it much and it's seriously new-ish still lol.

Methinks I'm asking waaaaaay too much but my stroller really really is newish!!! :::whine::::

mama2zoe
04-29-2009, 10:53 PM
What pattern is it? Where do you live? I'm actually looking for a newer or brand new metrolite-maybe rittenhouse or milan pattern? I really like the Metrolite-had a Literider for 5 years and it's been great! Seems like people are either stroller snobs and don't want Graco. Or, since you can get them new for $90-$150, most people would just go ahead and get the new ones. (And people are used to them being old and don't realize you have an almost brand new one.) Make sure you put in the heading of craigslist that it's like new-maybe that will help? Good luck!