PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive glider?

army_mom
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Anyone have recommendations for an inexpensive glider for MIL house? Walmart.com has a bunch of gliders...anyone have any of those?
We are looking at the dutailer at albeebaby http://www.albeebaby.com/dutailier-154103-upholstered-glider-in-stock.html
but am wondering if there is a decent one that is cheaper.

It does not have to be completely upholstered. Basically just a comfy, reasonably priced glider than can be moved to another room in the house when DD is grown.
Any recommendations?

TIA!

ohiomom1121
04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Do you want a completely upholstered one like the one in the link? I got my 2 at Babies r us that were pretty cheap and very comfy. My SIL bought hers at PBK and thought mine was much more comfortable. I can't remember the exact price now, but it was their Jardine brand.

smiles33
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
If you aren't squeamish about used gliders, think about checking out your local Craigslist. I got a Dutailier glider that was 2-3 years old from a family in a tiny 2 bedroom apt who just wanted to get rid of it. It was only $50 and it looks brand new. I'm thrilled as the cheaper glider I used for DD1 was inherited from a cousin and was SO uncomfortable! I think it sells for $120 at BRU, too! Basically, after 40 minutes of nursing, my bottom would fall asleep. A well-cushioned glider is a must if you plan to nurse regularly in it but it may not matter if you're only occasionally using it at your MIL's house.

DebbieJ
04-20-2009, 11:06 PM
I second the Craigslist rec. I just got a $500 Shermag for $125 on CL.

the2bobs
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Since it's for your MILs house, the Target rocker/glider is fine--maybe $150? It's not comfortable to use all the time (I wish I had not listened to friends telling me to get a cheap one) but it's white wood with cream upholstery and matching ottoman.

hellokitty
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
They had a few at Baby Depot on clearance for about $150. They were Dutelier brand.