PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY??? I am SICK AGAIN????

lizajane
04-19-2009, 07:50 PM
WHAT THE EFF!?! I really thought going gluten free (with my new celiac diagnosis) was going to end my immunity fiasco. but nooooo.... I just got over the flu/pneumonia and now i have a COLD AND a UTI! (*#*&*&$#%!!!

and just for an added benefit, I have DS2's best friend (5) and little brother, my Godson, for the next TWO afternoons!!!

If my 2.5 year old Godson doesn't take a nap, I may never recover. Usually, DS2 and his BFF just play and play and play and I can just sit. But now lil' brother doesn't want to miss the fun... and I may be in trouble...

infomama
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
That sucks, I'm sorry. I have been under a *tremendous* amount of stress lately and it seems like I haven't been 100% in months...literally. What I would give for a nice glass of pinot right now....
be well.

elektra
04-19-2009, 11:11 PM
That sucks so hard. I feel ya!

bubbaray
04-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Hugs, Liza. Hoping you feel better soon!

Are you SURE you don't have a sinus infection???

MontrealMum
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
:hug: I'm beginning to think some of us should just be on a preventative sort of abx bi-weekly. I know, not truly a good idea, but with the time I've spent at the #*$% clinic this year, it would save a lot of time!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Take Elderberry extract for the cold, and cranberry pills for the UTI. After getting sick so much, I have a homeopathic checklist in my head. I hate that everything comes at once. Like how you always get a cold along with your period!

I hope you feel better!:hug:

mytwosons
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well!

I hate to say it, but DS1 was always sick after his celiac diagnosis. His poor system just had too much to handle. It was like years of an over-reactive immune response just ended, and he got sick with every.single.thing. We ended up trying Low Dose Naltrexone to modulate his immune system, and it worked wonders. It's an off-label use, so we had to provide our doctor with information on it, but since it's low-risk he was willing to let us try it.

I hope you feel better soon!

happymomma
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi Liza,
Hope you feel better soon!!