PDA

View Full Version : I know I should be happy...

LarsMal
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
and I *am*- sort of! We are finally under contract! I'm still a little nervous that something weird will come up at the home inspection and these people will bail on us, but our house is only 5 years old and I can't imagine any huge problems coming up. Still...I'm nervous!

We ended up doing a "reverse offer". We knew the people were deciding between our house and one other. They offered on the other house and it fell through. The other house is also our agent's listing, and I guess they thought she was being unprofessional. They were debating even making an offer on ours since they'd have to work with her again. Instead, we went to them with an offer. The whole process was bizarre- us offering them lower than our list price, they countered lower than our offer, etc., but it worked in the end!

I think I'm just feeling very overwhelmed right now. We will still walk away with enough for a 10% down payment, but lost over 100K. DH keeps saying it's just "paper money", but it still hurts- A LOT!!! We had to adjust our price range for our new home quite a bit. The market we're moving to, which has been hurting as bad as ours, is suddenly picking up and most of the houses we've been watching are gone now. There were only 3 left when we checked the other day, and I don't love any of them. We are now back to looking at new construction, one of which I really hope works out for us. We just have to wait...and wait...I swear all I've been doing the past many months is waiting! We need to see what we qualify for since DH's job is a lower salary than he was making before. If it all works out the house won't be ready until the fall, which means I'll probably pack us up and move to my parents house for a few months after we close. I'll go back and forth to my aunt's (where DH is staying) and my parents, but they are 3 hours apart. It just sucks all around.

So, yay!, I got want I wanted and we went under contract before the baby was born, but I am still feeling so bummed right now.

Just needed to vent!

Ceepa
04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm so happy for you to have an offer. That's amazing in this market. And to still have money for a down payment? Awesome!

Congrats and I'm sure the inspection will go well.

ETC: my downer mood about the housing market. LOL

kijip
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Glad you are in contract, sorry you have to deal with moving twice with a new baby.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the perfect house comes on the market in your new area. :hug:

JTsMom
04-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Oh Julie, congrats on the contract! :bighand:Sorry it still isn't an ideal situation, but it is a step in the right direction. Maybe it's the begining of a good luck streak and a perfect house will come on the market really soon? I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you guys.

DrSally
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I understand. Yeah for being under contract, but you still have to find a house you love for a price you can afford. It's so tough doing all this pregnant and wanting to have it all settled. I was in your situation 1.5 years ago.