PDA

View Full Version : Amy Coe & Carter cribs at BRU

kelygirl
04-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Has anyone had any experience of either Amy Coe's Stamford crib or the Carter's Casual White crib? Neither were reviewed in the edition I have. I also wanted to know why a flat wood bottom is bad - the book mentions to look for the springs or wooden slats. I've noticed that only the really expensive cribs at BRU have slats and are not just a platform. Any help is much appreciated!

Meadow Bend
04-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I went ahead and bought the Amy Coe Stamford crib. There are reviews from other users on the BRU site, however it's a fairly new crib and it's already being discontinued (from what I've heard). I bought the crib a week ago and there were only 21 left. Apparently they were way more popular than they expected and have not been able to keep up with demands. However, that doesn't explain why they would just stop selling them. All the reviews seemed to be positive. I've heard conflicting things on the slats/platform and I figure either is probably fine as long as it's stable I have not heard of the Carter's crib.

Andi98989
04-24-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't have the book in front of me right now, but I seem to recall that the solid wood bottom pieces may be just a piece of MDF and that you want to steer clear of that. Going with slats or springs avoids that issue.

BRU is phasing out all of the drop-side cribs, so if that Stamford one has a drop-side, they may not be bringing it back in stock when it sells out.