PDA

View Full Version : I hate my neighbor! Move already!!!! Kinda long...

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
So, we had new neighbor move in 2 years ago. They were around our age, had a child within a year of DD. Seemed perfect. The wife told her husband I called his mom a b*&ch, and a bunch of other stuff. In actuality I said something about his mom criticizing me for having a pitbull and a baby, especially since her son had one for 13 years! After that we had them over for Thanksgiving dinner, etc. A few more months go by, and the husband confronts my hubby while they were having a beer in his garage. Goes off on him for oven an hour. Very awkward for my DH. We suspected that they may have overheard things we said via our baby monitor, because some of the stuff he accused me and my DH of saying was said within the 4 walls of our home, KWIM? So then we have a guy we know (he actually built our neighbors home), build a shed. The guy puts it too close to the fence after we asked him to do it to the letter of the HOA and City laws. We couldn't move it right away, as we have snowy winters. We explained this to the neighbors and HOA (neighbor called and complained, then lied to DH's face and told him he didn't). We said we would move it when the weather was nice, in spring. Neighbor went to the city and complained, and to the HOA again. Yesterday, DH was bringing up a Rainbow swingset we got from CL's for $300. Too good to pass up, and tomorrow is DD's bday. Neighbor says "Are you ever going to move the effing shed" "you can get a swingset, and can't move the $%&^%& shed" "You'll get your's b$%ch" Did I mention neighbor drinks A LOT! And was drinking Vodka in the afternoon all the while yelling at my DH. He calls DH over, and DH tells him we are planning on moving it. The shed it 10x12, custom built to look like a house, is heavy, etc. We figure it will 10 men to move it. I am so frustrated. If the builder put it where we wanted this would have never been an issue, if neighbor wasn't a drunk we could reason with him. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse the complete lack of grammar. I just had to get that out!!!!:angry-smiley-005:

happymomma
04-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Man, that sucks! I hate neighbors like that. I hope things get better for you soon. No advice but wanted to give you a :hug:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks happymomma! Their house is for sale, but of course they want $20,000 or $30,000 more than what it is worth!

DebbieJ
04-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry your neighbors are a-holes.

If the builder put the shed in the wrong place, shouldn't HE be the one responsible for moving it? I'd get on the phoneto him ASAP.

tmarie
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I am SO sorry you have to deal with that. I do not like our next door neighbors in our new neighborhood...its just depressing. But I can't imagine how awful it would be to live with that overt hostility. I wish I had a suggestion on how to deal with it. It sounds like they have problems....

tmarie

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
He has a drinking problem. That was one issue DH had hanging out with him. He is the kind of person that makes fun of guys who don't want another drink, like by calling him names. I feel bad for his wife. He works at a god where he is gone a few nights a week, and when he is home he hangs out at a local bar to watch sports. I am 99% sure he drinks and drives, which disturbs me.

The worst is when I am out front and they are, too. Especially when shoveling the driveway! That's awkward!

Thanks for he support ladies!

sste
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I would avoid them like the plague. They sound scary and possibly violent. Alcohol, obscenities, threats - - I wouldn't take that lightly. Avoid them. Maybe consider installing an alarm system or panic button. To me, what you are describing goes beyond normal bad neighbor behavior . . .

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I would avoid them like the plague. They sound scary and possibly violent. Alcohol, obscenities, threats - - I wouldn't take that lightly. Avoid them. Maybe consider installing an alarm system or panic button. To me, what you are describing goes beyond normal bad neighbor behavior . . .

DH wants to install a camera. Someone urinated on my Dh's license plate, and then on his car again. We can't prove it, but we have a steep driveway and in the winter to avoid ice/snow issues Dh' parks at the the bottom, and the urine is on the side that faces his house. I saved a voicemail he left calling my dh "wussy" whipped for not going out on Superbowl Sunday, saying was it your turn to feed the effing baby, and he needed to get out of the G*d D**ned house.
They seemed so normal at first...

Wife_and_mommy
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
DH wants to install a camera. Someone urinated on my Dh's license plate, and then on his car again. We can't prove it, but we have a steep driveway and in the winter to avoid ice/snow issues Dh' parks at the the bottom, and the urine is on the side that faces his house. I saved a voicemail he left calling my dh "wussy" whipped for not going out on Superbowl Sunday, saying was it your turn to feed the effing baby, and he needed to get out of the G*d D**ned house.

Holy jeepers. Yeah, I'd stay far away. They seem like whack jobs.

And don't we all seem normal at first. I would love to know what our neighbors say about us.:ROTFLMAO:

kijip
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM

What in high holy heck is wrong with people? I feel sorry for this man's wife if that is how he feels about men doing baby care. Urinating on your car? Um, it's not frat row. So sorry you are dealing with this.

And to think I was feeling miffed at my neighbor (who either has a lot of guests or a serious drinking problem) for letting bottles spill out of his recycle (some broke on the shared driveway and sidewalk, where my son rides his bike sometimes). I will think of your neighbors while picking up his bottles/sweeping any glass and be relieved.

Melanie
04-22-2009, 02:23 AM
What nutjobs! I'd get a cheap camera from radio shack or something, to try to catch them doing anything. Alternately and a bit more fun, perhaps a motion-detecting sprinkler would do the trick. :hysterical:

JTsMom
04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Holy cow, WTH is wrong with those people?!?! I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!

TwinFoxes
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Honestly, I'd get that shed moved. He's clearly nuts, and giving him any excuse to contact you isn't a good idea, and as long as the shed is where it is, he has an excuse to think he's been "wronged." I think you're smart to save his messages. I feel sorry for his wife and kid. I hope he sells the house soon!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Honestly, I'd get that shed moved. He's clearly nuts, and giving him any excuse to contact you isn't a good idea, and as long as the shed is where it is, he has an excuse to think he's been "wronged." I think you're smart to save his messages. I feel sorry for his wife and kid. I hope he sells the house soon!

We have people coming to move the shed in 2 weeks. It is as soon as they can do it. We don't expect anymore heavy snow, so it should be fine.

I saved the message just in case, kind of an example of his character, or lack thereof.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the support, it is so uncomfortable. His wife avoids us, which is fine.

mommylamb
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Here's hoping they move! I am mad at one of my neighbors for letting her dog poop on my lawn, but it's a dog, not a human urinating there. That is so gross.

ha98ed14
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Here's hoping they move! I am mad at one of my neighbors for letting her dog poop on my lawn, but it's a dog, not a human urinating there. That is so gross.

If you can get away with out being seen, I would pick it up and put it on their porch or front step. You're just returning what they forgot to get. Should send the message pretty clearly. I know because I actually had someone do this to my family when I was a teen. We should have been doing a better job of preventing it. When the dog escaped the yard, it was inevitable. It ended when we got the fence repaired. But you can tell it made an impression.

DietCokeLover
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow. How crazy is that? Are y'all in a position to buy his house and rent it out!? I'd be begging friends to buy it from them.... anything to get him far far away from you.