PDA

View Full Version : This weight gain is getting ridiculous!!

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
4 weeks ago I was 3lbs from my lifetime weight goal and now I am at least 7lbs away, possibly several more depending on the scale. I use the same scale, same time of day, wearing the same thing. It just keeps going up and up! I about fell over at the number on the stupid scale today. It was just horrible.

To make matters worse I must have totally overdone it at exercise class on Sat. or my run on Thurs. or Fri. and now I can't run. It hurts too much. I had to walk today. This is not helping me!

While I know it is just a number on the scale, I know I am gaining weight too based on how my clothes are fitting.

Nothing in my diet or fitness has changed at all in this past 4 weeks except that ds dropped from 2 nursing sessions to one. It seems crazy that that could be the factor. I feel fine otherwise. Just getting really annoyed with the weight gain. I don't know how in the world I can be gaining weight at this clip. 4-6lbs up over Friday?!

Open to any suggestions or just a sympathetic ear. :)

Beth

daisyd
04-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Beth, I feel your pain. I'm weaning too and I'm finding it difficult to lose weight. I'm just trying to keep my weight stable while I rethink my strategy. No advice, but I'm sure plenty of others will chime in. Hugs.

misshollygolightly
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Ugh. Weight really does fluctuate for a variety of reasons...some of which are not controllable. Is AF on the way? That could explain a few mysterious pounds. Or maybe you've had some salty foods lately and are a little bloated? Don't lose hope--it sounds like you're still quite close to your goal!

lizajane
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
are you sure you don't just have PMS? or maybe you are ovulating? also, are you weighing after you work out? you retain water after exercising (my WW gal told me that last year.)

sorry friend! i know it totally sucks. for me, it was celiac disease. that was why i could NOT lose. even with 5 hour long workouts each week! i am 9 down, but today it said only 7.5... NOT happy!! if i can't eat like everyone else, i better at least be skinny! lol!

ETA: are you eating salt? that would make you retain fluid??

WitMom
04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I think it has to be water or something. I find it hard to believe you could have gained 4 to 6 pounds of "fat" over the weekend. One pound is 3500 calories, so to gain 4 pounds you would have had to eat 14,000 calories over what you "spent". I just did the math on that, and that would be like eating 58 Snickers bars. Water. It has to be.

lizajane
04-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it has to be water or something. I find it hard to believe you could have gained 4 to 6 pounds of "fat" over the weekend. One pound is 3500 calories, so to gain 4 pounds you would have had to eat 14,000 calories over what you "spent". I just did the math on that, and that would be like eating 58 Snickers bars. Water. It has to be.

some days, i think i am actually capable of eating 58 snickers bars... (they are gluten free!!!!)

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2009, 10:54 PM

Yeah, ever since my weight started going up last week I have been working hard on watching my calories. i haven't been great at dieting but I know I haven't exceeded 2000 calories (and I bet I came in closer to 1800). I've been active and exercising too. No 58 Snickers here. Might as well have though!

Fingers crossed that it's water and things go down at least a bit!

Beth

catpagmo
04-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I know that if I eat pizza, or a burger, I will go up about 3-4 lbs overnight. The salty stuff really makes me put it on instantly, but it goes away pretty quickly too. Maybe it was just something you ate? I know, frustrating.