PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about this bag?

Melaine
04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-(Black)-Convertible-Backpack%2fMessenger-%2fDiaper-Bag_W0QQitemZ300296057039QQcmdZViewItem

I saw it today at Marshalls marked down to $20. I hadn't heard of the brand and "red" is kind of hard to search for. I am looking for a convertible backpack and $20 is priced just about right.....

Melaine
04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Nobody's seen it huh?

aajamu
04-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Never heard of that brand, never seen that bag in a store or IRL. IT looks OK - for $20, I'd be tempted to try. But it seems on the small side.

Melaine
04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah it does I guess. I was trying to inspect it while holding the hands of both my two year olds and juggling my diaper bag at the same time so my observation skills were very low! I am looking to downsize though, for the sake of my overworked back, so small is probably good!

DietCokeLover
04-22-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't know anything about it, but it's cute. It does seem a little small, but if that's where you're at now, it might not be a bad deal. Maybe you could buy it, bring it home and see if your stuff fits in it and if not, you could return it.

Melaine
04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know anything about it, but it's cute. It does seem a little small, but if that's where you're at now, it might not be a bad deal. Maybe you could buy it, bring it home and see if your stuff fits in it and if not, you could return it.

Good point. I wonder if DH knows that I need another bag....:ROTFLMAO:

aajamu
04-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Ok I researched a bit. It looks like "Red" might be a brand that Mimi Maternity - now Pea in a Pod - carried (maybe other stores, not sure). The regular Red diaper bag (not convertible, but shoulder strap version of bag) was found to have high levels of lead in the vinyl straps. It looks like the backpack has some vinyl trim, might be some vinyl in the changing pad too. I'd skip it based on this info, looks like the brand probably saves money by using cheaper materials that have not been adequately tested.

Lead in Diaper bags report -see page 5 (Red brand diaper bag has lead in vinyl trim and strap)

http://www.ceh.org/storage/cehca/documents/diaper_bags.pdf

Melaine
04-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks!! I for some reason absolutely could not find any info, so I appreciate you checking it out. Yuck we don't want lead!

Melaine
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Yep that's definitely the same kind of bag.

DietCokeLover
04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
you know, that's just not something you think about. Lead in a diaper bag. Crazy!