PDA

View Full Version : which is your favorite maternity belly band?

todzwife
04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
There are SO many out there! What is your favorite and why?

Thank you!

Momof3Labs
04-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I've only tried one so can't say why it is my favorite, but it's worked fine and the price is nice! (I'm pretty sure that it is this seller, but they changed the "name" of their bands.)

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Quality-Clothing-Wholesale-Prices__W0QQ_armrsZ1

gatorsmom
04-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I got this one when I was pregnant with the twins and did NOT like it. It kept bunching up under my belly (the belt on the left):

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/SearchDepartment.aspx?SearchString=medela+belt&JSEnabled=false&mscssid=&cmResetCat=true&hdnOnGo=true&submit+search.x=10&submit+search.y=12

MY OB recommended this one and since I thought it looked too hot I didn't get it. Although siince then I"ve heard from other moms of multiples that this provides excellent, comfortable support:

http://www.unbeatablesale.com/prcradadmabe1.html?utm_source=froogle4&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=PREN016&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=PREN016

Hope that helps!

CBrady
04-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I have a white one with lace and a black one. I love them and have been wearing them since I'm 6 weeks pregnant and am now 4.5 months. I bought them online at JC Penney's around $20 each. Well worth the money and you can wear your regular pants for a lot longer than jumping into maternity. I'm hoping to wear these bands all the way thru :jammin:

askmsh
05-25-2009, 09:47 PM
I LOVE the Bella Band...I am still wearing my pre pregnancy pants in several styles because of the BB!! I bought mine at Nordstom's online as I couldn't find it elsewhere at the time. It was $30 and TOTALLY worth in. I also got a B Band from Target for about $17 I think. They are made by the same folks who make the Bella Band for the discount chains but they are thinner and do not work as well, in my opinion. :-)

newg
05-25-2009, 10:25 PM
I also used the bella bands....have a white one and black one.....totally worth it....I wore them with my regular pants in the beginning...then they were nice for a little extra support and tummy coverage when I got really huge in the end.....and then worse them once dd was born and I was too small for maternity pants but too big for my regular pants....
Love love love them!!

sunshine873
05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Another vote for Bella Bands. I only bought one in black, but wish I would have bought one in white too. I had planned on wearing mine after pregnancy too, but ended up with a C-Section and it would have hit me right on my incision. But...I'm still glad I bought one. I wore it almost every day for months.

Andi98989
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I got the BE Band (made by the Bella Band people) from Target and really like it.

rockinred
06-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm leaning toward trying a Bella Band, but I can warn you AGAINST the ones at Motherhood Maternity. I bought one and it unraveled after only 2 washes (and I washed it in a delicates bag and didn't dry it)! The last time I was in, I told the manager about it and she said she'd let me exchange it for a new one only if I had the receipt...even though they keep track of all purchases electronically so it's not like they couldn't confirm when/if I bought it. Grrrrr!!!

Momof3Labs
06-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm leaning toward trying a Bella Band, but I can warn you AGAINST the ones at Motherhood Maternity. I bought one and it unraveled after only 2 washes (and I washed it in a delicates bag and didn't dry it)! The last time I was in, I told the manager about it and she said she'd let me exchange it for a new one only if I had the receipt...even though they keep track of all purchases electronically so it's not like they couldn't confirm when/if I bought it. Grrrrr!!!

That's Motherhood's totally crappy return policy for you! They don't stand behind a single thing that they sell - I refuse to buy anything at any of their stores (incl. Mimi and Pea in a Pod) for that reason. I don't think that there is a single other retailer who pulls that kind of crap; they almost have a corner on the B&M maternity market so can get away with it.

Katherine707
07-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I will admit that I haven't tried the other brands, but I love my bella band. Really helped in the beginning months where I felt silly buying maternity gear, but couldnt fit into my non-preggo clothes. It really held up and was super comfy for me.

wallawala
07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Still wearing my Bella Band daily at 39 weeks. LOVE IT! I have two, one was from pea in the pod the other from Ingrid and Isabella (although both say "Bella Band" on the package. The Pea in the pod version I have had the longest (worn since 10 weeks). It's stretched some, but still has awesome support. The I/I version is less stretchy, but also newer... so really proabably comparable.

zag95
07-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Loved the Bella Band- I wore it prior to DD coming and after for C-sec support (to help hold the dressings in place) and hold up pants/help transition back to regular clothes.

BeccaB.
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=sunshine873;2379158]Another vote for Bella Bands. I only bought one in black, but wish I would have bought one in white too. I had planned on wearing mine after pregnancy too, but ended up with a C-Section and it would have hit me right on my incision. But...I'm still glad I bought one. I wore it almost every day for months.[/QUOT
:yeahthat: The bellaband rocked! Couldn't have survived without it. I was also really saddened not to be able to wear it post pregnancy due to my c-section. It made getting pants that fit a real challenge. You need like 4 different sizes as you move through the post partum phase.

I hated the motherhood maternity band. It squeezed my stomach really uncomfortably and bunched up.

BeccaB.
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM
That's Motherhood's totally crappy return policy for you! They don't stand behind a single thing that they sell - I refuse to buy anything at any of their stores (incl. Mimi and Pea in a Pod) for that reason. I don't think that there is a single other retailer who pulls that kind of crap; they almost have a corner on the B&M maternity market so can get away with it.

I agree with you. They were the only maternity store in my area. The pants I bought there totally sucked. Specifically the slacks I bought for work. I did love the jeans I bought from them until the elastic stopped keeping them up. Then I had to bella band them which was really hot. I wish there was someone else to buy things from.