PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT buy anything from Rocker World in Chandler Arizona

robyncox
04-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I went into this business to begin my research on a glider rocking chair I am purchasing for my baby’s nursery. I left there to continue my research as this was my first stop. I did not get his name but there are only two men that work there and he was the young one. I then called this store back and spoke to the sales man I dealt with on my prior visit. I had some more questions for chair options and he was very rude and wanted me to come into the store. I explained to him that I live on the other side of town and will not come in unless I am going to purchase this item from him. He was unwilling to help from the get go for some reason. I have absolutely no idea what his problem was. He then gave me some information and said if I wanted to leave off one option that he could offer me a great deal but I would need to come in. He was very rude in the way he said this to me and was clearly irritated for some unknown reason so, I being the customer was not going to deal with him anymore and did not deserve to be treated this way by any company so I hung the phone up. This sales man then called my home, which he got from caller ID apparently, three times back to back. I finally answered on the third phone call and he began to yell at me. I told him this was harassment and to stop calling. He then blocked his number so I could not screen the call and I answered and he began screaming profanity at me. I hung up on him again. I am writing you because consumers need to beware of this company and their business practices. I was a potential customer asking questions and I have every right to price compare with other companies. I have no idea what set this man off but I did not deserve to be called four times and yelled at from a sales person at a business. This is harassment and totally uncalled for. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

ha98ed14
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
That's bizarre. My guess is that because of the bad economy he really needed your sale. He spent time with you when you were in store and he thought that ought to have been enough, so when he realized you weren't going to make him an offer, he was pissed and lost it. Totally not ok, but times are hard for small business, so he's probably pushing the edge of sanity. Who knows, maybe his boss is on him to make a sale.

Several years ago, we aere car shopping and the salesman was so desperate to sell us a car that by the end he was practically begging us to buy from him. He took us to his sales mgr to make a deal and you could tell he was going to be in big trouble for being percieved as losing our sale. It was kind of sad.

Anyway, not trying to defend him, just perhaps to explain maybe why people are doing crazy things like alienating the customers they need.