PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff of A-line skirt thread- For those of who that wear skirts-

WitMom
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I was reading through the A-line skirt thread, and was interested in several of the suggestions, but I have a question. Do you wear skirts for "everyday" wear- like going to the park with the kids, running errands, hanging around outdoors to play, etc.? Or do you wear them mostly for an "occasion"- like meeting a friend for lunch? Do you worry about flashing people if you're playing with the kids, etc.? I've been toying with getting some skirts for this summer, but I've been curious how/when others wear them.

Piglet
04-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I live in skirts! I wear jean skirts for casual wear and I have some nice summer weight flowy skirts for the heat. The best thing about skirts is that I never feel underdressed. I can run around with the kids and go meet a friend for lunch and still feel put together (i.e. a jean skirt slways seems dressier than jeans to me) . I have to be a bit careful in a skirt when I sit down on the ground, but to the best of my knowledge have nevr flashed anyone ;) I usually stick with knee length skirts and am pretty comfy running around at the park. Just atch out for twirly/lightweight skirts since they can go up in a big gust of wind (ask me how I know, LOL).

hellokitty
04-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Yes! Last summer I started wearing more skirts and I felt that it was more flattering and comfortable (cooler). Also, as a mom of all boys, it makes me feel more girly. This is coming from someone who has shunned the color pink from jr high, up until I a few yrs ago when I had boy #2. Now boy #3 is on the way, and basically I'm more into pink than ever.

justincase
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I live in skirts in the summer and have since I hit my mid-20's. As PP said, I just find them more flattering than shorts (which I *never* felt attractive in) and more pulled together. The only time I worried about the flashing was when I took DS to "toddler gymnastics" last summer and we'd be up and down on equipment, trampolines, etc. so I bought one pair of shorts for those days. But for running around the playground, sitting on the floor at playdates, etc. I just think carefully about how I bend or sit.

trentsmom
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I prefer skirts in the summer because I think they're more flattering on me than shorts. I really like it when I find skorts because then I don't have to worry as much about flashing people!

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I wear them all summer long, for all parts of my day. They are so comfortable! I get really hot so I am not a fan of something like capris. Most shorts don't look great either. If we are going somewhere where i really am worried about flashing someone I will do a quick clothes change in the car into a pair of running shorts (I always keep a spare pair in the trunk).

Beth

CiderLogan
04-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I basically wear skirts all summer, too. There are a lot of really casual ones out there (like from Athleta and places like that, or denim ones, or just cotton ones). Pairing them with a nicer t-shirt and sandals...works for every occasion! I even started wearing running skorts for working out because now I just do not like the way I look/feel in any type of shorts.

pastrygirl
04-23-2009, 07:59 AM
I live in skirts in the summer and have since I hit my mid-20's. As PP said, I just find them more flattering than shorts (which I *never* felt attractive in) and more pulled together.I think I might try this this year. I HATE the way shorts look on me normally, and I really don't want to have to find maternity shorts. I used to wear skirts more often, but I stopped after Toby was born.