PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with 7th Generation diapers?

pastrygirl
04-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I never tried 7th Generation when Toby was younger, but now that size 7 Pampers are so hard to find, I decided to try size 6 in the 7th Gen since they go to a higher weight limit than size 6 Pampers (he was leaking out of size 6 Pampers). He leaked out of everything on a daily basis the first few months, including cloth. I finally discovered Pampers Cruisers and that stopped the leaks.

I really like the way the 7th Gen diapers fit him, much better than the size 7 Pampers... but I'm not sure I trust them for leaks. He still has huge poop blowouts about once a month that require an outfit change. I guess the 7th Gen can't be any worse, so I'm not too worried about that. But he does have very loose stools pretty often, almost daily. I just changed one and the 7th Gen did great! But there was no pee in the diaper, so it's hard to tell what would've happened if he'd peed.

Anyway, what has been your experience with that brand?

Melbel
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I scored $250 worth of free 7th Generation diapers due to an unbelievable amazon.com promotion so we have been using this brand exclusively since September for DD2 and still have 2 cases stashed. We experienced blow outs with her extended diarrhea and about once every month, but otherwise have been fine. I would not hesitate to at least give them a try if I were in your situation.

LMPC
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I really really wanted to like 7th gen and bought some before DD was born. But I'm now using Pampers. 7Gen didn't whisk the pee away well enough and DD would get the beginnings of diaper rash (and I was changing her very often) -- once I would switch to Pampers it would clear up. I also had issues with leakage. Some people really like 7Gen...and I think you just have to find the one that works for your DC. I will say that 7Gen runs small IMHO.

GL!

SnuggleBuggles
04-22-2009, 10:02 PM
They were all good for us. No leaks, no rash, no problems.

Beth

deannanb
04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I think the 7th generation has less chemicals in it which is why it doesn't hold as much pee as other brands of diapers.

we were using 7th generation and had a few outfit changing diapers - but that probably would have happened with any diaper (0-3months)

I thought they ran much smaller than pampers.

In general, I really liked them - and will use them on occasion when I'm not using cloth.

poppy
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
We've used 7th Gen for sizes 2 & 3 and they've been great. No blow-outs or leaks. We've fared worse with Huggies Snug & Dry.

We also got the Amazon deal. But I doubt I would use it otherwise b/c it is not cost effective coompared with other brands esp when Luvs works just as well.