PDA

View Full Version : WHO is watching American Idol?

KBecks
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM
It's going to be a big night tonight! Two eliminations..... very tough.

This season is the best talent ever. There are a lot of contestants I like, and I am not yet sure who should win, but I think there are at least 2 or 3 who are qualified to win, if that makes sense.

I think my favorite is Adam. His singing talent is amazing. He is a little over the top, but that's a rockstar for you.

Then there's our guy from Milwaukee, Danny. Go Danny, Go Danny.

Then there's the cute guy, Kris.

I think they are the best 3.

I think all the rest are very talented and very great singers, better than some of the winners from other years (Diana DeGarmo?)

I love that AI is getting so big budget, I love the huge instrumentals, fancy wardrobes and custom song arrangements. It's awesome.

How about you?

wendibird22
04-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm watching and I agree that it is probably the season with the most talent in the top 10. I do like Adam but wish he didn't have to insert the ultra high note in every.single.song. As DH commented, not even Axel Rose did that in every song. But the guy is clearly very talented. I also like the 16yr old girl (name escapes me right now). Kris has the look and the voice and when Matt's "on" he's quite good.

If I had to pick the two that would go home tonight it would be Lil and Anoop. They can both sing but just haven't pulled it off consistently.

mamicka
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm watching & love this season. But I have to disagree with you about Adam - I can't.stand.him. Its not even about his singing - if I had never seen him perform but only heard his voice, I'd probably like him. But his performances seem so disingenuine. I don't get any feeling from his singing at all - its always just a performance. It seems so empty. His face always seems to read "is this my best side?". I really don't get the gushing for him.

LOVE Danny. Just started liking Chris last week - could never remember him before then. Anoop is growing on me & I also like the guy that was saved last week - can't remember his name now. I do want to see more uniqueness from Danny but I would say he's my favorite at this point.

deborah_r
04-22-2009, 02:03 PM
I think all the rest are very talented and very great singers, better than some of the winners from other years (Diana DeGarmo?)

I don't think Diana DeGarmo won. I felt like she only made it down to final 4 or so, but I could be wrong.

I don't get the Danny love at all. Seems like a nice guy, but I'm not anywhere near being riveted by his performances. I like Kris and Adam best, and I enjoy Allison as well. Going home is Lil definitely (my prediction) - and then either Anoop or Matt.

KBecks
04-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Well, I guess I forgive Adam for being a diva because he has a theater background, and so I picture him as a "theater geek" who is always "performing". I watch AI in a very limited way, I fast forward through everything except the singing and the judges comments, so I have not watched much of the interview coverage of the singers to see if I like who they are as people. But I haven't thought he's arrogant, but he is attention seeking? a little. It doesn't come off as desperate.

I don't like when his tongue comes out a little, that's part of the over the top. But.... I think the guy can outsing the other contestants by a mile.

I hope that several of these contestants have fantastic and very visible careers, and it's really exciting to see them get started via the show.

PCARN
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I personally like Danny the best and hope he makes it all the way. Adam is a good singer but there's something about him (maybe him knowing that he's the 'predicted' winner) that I don't like. I agree w/the poster who wrote that he's a bit over the top. I also like Matt but don't think he'll make it that far. I also predict that Lil and Anoop will be leaving tonight.

KBecks
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Deb, you are right, but Diana was #2 (to Ruben, maybe?) She was in the final. Oops, Diana was #2 to Fantasia. Fantasia rocks.

newmomto1
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I L-O-V-E ADAM!!!!
So does DH. He in unbelievably talented!
My second favorite is Alison.
Danny is good, prob my 3rd choice.
The rest sing well but just don't do much for me.

KBecks
04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I was not a fan of Lil, but she was great last night, I thought she sounded awesome and performed very well. I think she is going home though.

I also think Anoop will be going home, or Matt. I think they are at least my bottom 3. Anoop does not come across as personable, and that's a problem.

KpbS
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
My faves this year are Danny and Kris. I really can't stand Adam's style--too musical theater. DH always points out that he is just amazingly talented vocally and I tell him ok, but I can't stand to listen to it!

I like Matt G. as well but he doesn't have as much appeal as the others.

Allison is great esp. for 16 but I have a feeling the guys will win this year.

KBecks
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Oh, the funniest line last night was Seacrest telling Adam that he melted Paula into a "pool of Abdul".

Paula was really into it, her hand was shaking as she was talking. Paula is crazy but it would be boring without her.

I love the new judge, Kara.

deborah_r
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Deb, you are right, but Diana was #2 (to Ruben, maybe?) She was in the final. Oops, Diana was #2 to Fantasia. Fantasia rocks.

Hmm, I did not know she made it that far. I was not that in to the Fantasia year (DS1 was so young, I was chronically tired!)

g-mama
04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
My fave is Danny. I used to hate Adam, but he's grown on me. He's way too theater-ish for my tastes and "out there" but I admit, he can sing and has star quality. I like Kris in a cute, boy next door way. Alison Iraheta has an absolutely amazing voice - cannot believe she's only 16 with a womanly voice like that - but she doesn't have enough of a base to win, IMO. She lacks the likeability factor, like Simon once said.

I think Lil and Matt will go home tonight.

Globetrotter
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
My favorite is Adam, followed by Anoop, then Kris.

Adam is something else... I can't wait to see what he does next! He is an entertainer, for sure. Anoop has a beautiful voice that sounds so good on Itunes, but he has been treated horribly by the AI people and made to look arrogant (notice they keep picking on him and have been doing that since the beginning) when he's supposedly a really nice guy/overachiever type. He also can't dance :) Kris has a pleasant voice and does some interesting stuff.

I don't like Danny at all, never have. The rest are okay to me, though I like Lil the least. It bugs me that she can spout off at the mouth and noone ever calls her on it, but Anoop dares to say a word and they are all over him.

I have to admit this is the first season that I am completely obsessed with AI! :)

tylersmama
04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm watching & love this season. But I have to disagree with you about Adam - I can't.stand.him.
:yeahthat: Cannot stand Adam at all. I'm sorry, I think he's a good singer and a GREAT performer, but I don't think he's a GREAT singer. If I just heard him on the radio, I would not listen, because I don't think his voice is all that terrific. I think he could have a fantastic career on Broadway, but I just don't see him as a radio star.

I think my favorites at this point are probably Kris, Allison, and Anoop. I liked Danny at the beginning, but he's started to get on my nerves as the competition has progressed. He's just not that interesting, and I feel like he *thinks* he's a lot better than he actually is. Ok, some (a lot of) ego can be a good thing in the music biz, but still. I think Anoop gets a bum rap, so I guess I'm pulling for him as an underdog. I think Lil is definitely going home tonight, and hopefully Matt.

MommyofAmaya
04-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Yep, I think Adam is way more humble than Danny. They are both great singers but Anoop and Matt are my favorites . They are more likeable, but I'm sure one of them will be going home this evening.

DietCokeLover
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Ugh, I can't stand Adam. I felt like I was on a bad LSD trip the night he "sang" Johnny Cash. I'm sure he probably has some talent, but it is not my style, taste, preference, etc.

I really enjoy Kris. He seems very genuine and has such a pleasing voice to listen to. I also like Danny and Anoop. I agree with PP that Anoop is getting a bad time of it. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

I think it's the end of the road for Lil and Matt tonight.

cuca_
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
I really like Kris. I thought his performance last night was great. There's something about Adam that I don't like, and as others have said, I used to like Danny, but find him irritating now.

And I can't stand Kara, the new judge. I find her so annoying (and not in an entertaining way like Paula)!!

inmypjs
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I was glad to see this thread, because I love American Idol and it seems that no one I know watches it regularly! I was sad but not surprised to see Anoop go tonight. I actually think he's quite personable and seems like a nice guy. Hopefully there will be good things for him down the road.

I think Adam is majorly talented, but his over the top stuff does bug me sometimes too. When he's talking he seems so down to earth, which surprised me a bit. I love Danny!

On the subject of the judges, is it just me or do Paula and Kara not seem to like each other? I'm basing this on their body language - whenever they show the judges' table, they are always sitting as far away from each other as possible and angled away from each other. Is it just me?

MNmomtobe
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I have been an AI fanatic since season 2. That was a great season!
My favorite is Adam (but as a pp mentioned, I could do with that really high screechy note in every song). I think he has the best voice, by far. He has the stage presence that many of the other contestants lack. Of course he has the musical theatre background to help with that.
Danny was one of my favorites but I am liking Kris more and more. Kris has been consistently good, has shown variety, and is so humble!
Love Allison. She has a terrific personality too.
I think Anoop has a wonderful voice but just didn't have that star quality on stage. I would buy his CD though. No one does a ballad like Anoop!
I do not get Matt at all! I am surprised he was saved by the judges last week and surprised that he wasn't bottom three tonight. Seems like a nice guy but I think he is average at best.
I agree with Simon about Lil. She lost whatever spark she had in the beginning. I think the pressure got to her.

ETA: I agree with the pps who mentioned how humble Adam seems. He is always extremely polite.

deenass
04-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm an AI junkie - I'm even watching AI Rewind ...

I don't think Diana DeGarmo won. I felt like she only made it down to final 4 or so, but I could be wrong.

I don't get the Danny love at all. Seems like a nice guy, but I'm not anywhere near being riveted by his performances. I like Kris and Adam best, and I enjoy Allison as well. Going home is Lil definitely (my prediction) - and then either Anoop or Matt.