PDA

View Full Version : Baby Hawk owners

lvhkitty
04-22-2009, 02:05 PM
I read a bunch of posts on carriers. Do you have any specific feedback about the Baby Hawk carriers for infants?

I'm about to order one this week!
Thanks!

firsttimemama
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I have a babyhawk mei tai - is that what you're talking about? I love it, but I only used it until he was about 4 mo maybe? Then I switched to the ergo. I had a big baby (heavy)

chicagojo
04-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I loved, loved, LOVED the Babyhawk with my son. I didn't discover it right away - I used a Bjorn for the first couple of months, but then used the Babyhawk for literally hours every day from about 2 or 3 months until 9 or 10 months, when my little guy began to prefer a hip carry. It was SOOOOO much more comfortable than the Bjorn, and I liked the fact that I could custom-design it. One tip I did get from someone - I can't recall if on this MB or one of the babywearer ones - I ordered the long length even though I was getting it for an infant. That way he could burrow down in there very cozy with his head covered if sleeping, or when awake I could just fold it over so he could see out and look around. My only issue with it was, I could never seem to tie it so that it would stay secure - I would always end up tightening the knots periodically while wearing it. It wasn't a huge pain - I just kept wondering if I was doing something wrong. Overall, I'd highly recommend it. HTH...

ang79
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I have a BabyHawk XT (older version, like the current toddlerhawk but without the headrest) that I use with my 5 mos. old and have been using it since 2 weeks! When she was smaller I just rolled the bottom once or twice and froggied her legs inside. She's still pretty tiny so I still have to roll it now if she wants hands out. I find it very comfy and go back forth between that and my CatBird Baby mei tai (they seem to fit me the same, same level of comfort, but the CatBird Baby has a sleep hood so I use that outside and the BH is minkee, so I like that when its cold).

I've actually been contemplating selling the Babyhawk, only because it is so similar to my CatBird Baby and I also have an Action Baby Carrier SCC that I'm sure I will be using a lot now that she is older. But I got a great deal on the BH ($42 shipped on Ebay!) and its so pretty (black straps with a purple flowered pocket on one side and purple minkee on the other) and the minkee makes it so cozy.....I think I'll hang on to it and see if I need it again next winter for the cold!