PDA

View Full Version : I witnessed a pretty bad car accident today

HIU8
04-22-2009, 03:02 PM
It happened right in front of me while I was stopped at a light and waiting to turn left. My light was red. I was third in line to turn. Two cars going the opposite direction collided (going aroudn 40 mph). It was the scariest thing ever. One car came careening towards me and the other two cars waiting to turn. Luckily he was able to veer away and up onto the median. I was shaking as if it was me in the accident. I managed to call 911, but was on the way to pick up DS from preschool with DD so I could not stay on the scene (there were about 4 other people who did get out of their cars though). Wow, that was scary. The sound of the two cars hitting keeps replaying in my mind.

TonFirst
04-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I know exactly how you feel - a few months ago I was leaving a local restaurant when we witnessed a fatal car accident.

You should really call the local police department so you can file a witness report. It will help the victim if charges are filed, and for me at least, it made me feel like I was able to help the victim even though I couldn't offer much help on the scene.

hillview
04-22-2009, 06:50 PM
It is SO horrible! I am so sorry you had to see that :(
/hillary

trales
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
It is the worst noise. I was hit in January, she was only going about 25, right on the side of the car where DD was. I almost threw up from fear for DD.

Thank God we have a safe car, and a rear facing, safe carseat. We were fine.