PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hate your Mountain Buggy?

twodogs
04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
I am just struggling with buying such an expensive stroller sight-unseen! Thanks!

eliasmom
04-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I love mine and apparently so does DD. She gave it a huge hug yesterday and told me it was her favorite. :D

I really like the smooth push and it handles my neighborhood's crumbly sidewalks easily.

swissair81
04-22-2009, 04:30 PM
I like my MBUS so much, I'm buying the double now.

twodogs
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks ladies! I am considering getting the 2007 model since it is significantly less than the 2008. Anyone know the differences?

wencit
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Here is what I found from babygizmo.com:

Difference between 2007 and 2008 Mountain Buggy Urban Strollers?
The 2008 Mountain Buggy Urban Strollers have rear wheel suspension and they come fitted with a drink bottle holder. There is more fabric in the seating and it adjusts back to 4 degrees off flat. (This is just enough to keep the babies head slightly raised.) There is also extra padding on the base of the seat and this also allows for the harness system to in two different positions now. This new position allows a newborn baby to be strapped in firmer and the harness sitting closer to their body.

lucybabymamma
04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a MBUS and love all things about it -- the easy fold, steering, recline, storage -- EXCEPT the sun shade. I much prefer the shade on BOB strollers and Baby Joggers. If you live in a sunny state, you might want to compare.....

bubbaray
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I love(d) my MBUS (sold it a couple of months ago). It could have been my (gasp) only stroller. I purchased it sight unseen.

I still have my BOB Revolution and my BJCSD. I still like the MBUS better than either of those strollers.

MNmomtobe
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Out of curiosity as I have never owned a MB or wanted to but do own a BOB- what is the appeal? The BOB has better steering (from what I've read on these boards), a better sunshade and it is narrower than the MB. I think the MB is slightly heavier. What am I missing? Is the fabric more plush? Is the recline better? This inquiring mind wants to know! :)

bubbaray
04-23-2009, 12:13 AM
The recline is better on the MBUS and it has a bassinette and bumper bar. It folds nicer (IMO) and it just has a sleeker look.

ETA: I can't remember the exact weights, but to lift, the MBUS feels lighter -- part of that is the way it folds. The BOB is a bulky fold which I find awkward to lift.

The only reason we kept our BOB and sold the MBUS is that BOB is the only stroller that my DH picked and purchased -- all the other 16 have been mine. So, he wanted to keep it and I was fine with that. Had it been up to me, I would have sold BOB and kept the MBUS....

strollerqueen
04-23-2009, 02:34 AM
Love my MB's! The quality and engineering can't be beat. It is still made in NZ, for now, unlike nearly every other stroller, made in China.

swissair81
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
What sold me on the MBUD vs the Bob is the double front wheels.

swissair81
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh and the adjustable handle

WatchingThemGrow
04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Just wondering...have you looked at the BJCE? I played with my friend's MBUD, listened to her (few) complaints and decided the BJ was a less expensive option with better features (canopy, seat) and it has all the things PPs are mentioning that the BOB doesn't (adj. handlebar, dual front wheels).

arivecchi
04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Just wondering...have you looked at the BJCE? I played with my friend's MBUD, listened to her (few) complaints and decided the BJ was a less expensive option with better features (canopy, seat) and it has all the things PPs are mentioning that the BOB doesn't (adj. handlebar, dual front wheels). That's exactly why I chose the Baby Jogger double instead of a MBUD. The huge separate canopies and the taller seats that are much more straight in the upright position. My toddler hates reclined seats so I know the MBUD's seats would have been an issue. Plus, we saved a bundle! :)

twodogs
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for all of the replys. I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the 2007 Urban Jungle Single (European version of the MBUS, so I learned from all of you smarties!). I ordered from Albee and it was $279, with free shipping. I felt like that was a really good price compared to $579 for the 2008 MBUS (with essentially the same features)! Thanks again. I think I (and the girls) will love it!

eliasmom
04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Out of curiosity as I have never owned a MB or wanted to but do own a BOB- what is the appeal? The BOB has better steering (from what I've read on these boards), a better sunshade and it is narrower than the MB. I think the MB is slightly heavier. What am I missing? Is the fabric more plush? Is the recline better? This inquiring mind wants to know! :)

All I can tell you is that I tested both (on about 5 different occasions... just a little bit of a perfectionist here :D) when we bought our MBUS and I felt like the MBUS was considerably lighter than the BOB and had better steering for me. I tried it with and without my DD in it. I think a lot of this is just personal preference, FWIW.

daniele_ut
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
I LOVE my MBUD. The thing that really sold me on it was that it folds flat enought that it fits in the trunk of my Chevy Malibu and still leaves room for stuff on top. Neither the BOB nor Baby Jogger would have fit.

danimoo43
04-24-2009, 03:13 AM
I think the MBUD is also a lot less plastic-y looking than the bob and BJ... I have a EW duo and chose it over the bob and BJ because of the plastic... If the MBUD was the same price as the EW (from MMB) I would have gone for that one! Wish I could have em all. LOL

BeachBum
04-24-2009, 07:34 AM
I hope it works out for you!
We have a MBUS and MBUD and love them both.

maybaby2009
04-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I just bought the mbue. We were thinking about either the bee or the uppa baby. We didn't really think the bob was in the same league. Baby is due in two weeks so we have not test driven the mbue with the baby. However, we are already impressed with the fabric and manueverability. The fold is pretty darn good although I wish it had a locking mechanism. I am pretty sure it is lighter than the bob but I can't say with certainty.

MNmomtobe
04-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Thank you all, MB owners. That did enlighten me. :)

MNmomtobe
04-27-2009, 02:50 AM
I just bought the mbue. We were thinking about either the bee or the uppa baby. We didn't really think the bob was in the same league. Baby is due in two weeks so we have not test driven the mbue with the baby. However, we are already impressed with the fabric and manueverability. The fold is pretty darn good although I wish it had a locking mechanism. I am pretty sure it is lighter than the bob but I can't say with certainty.

If you are talking about the MB and the BOB not being the right comparison? I say huh?
They are the same class of stroller. People on these boards compare the two all the time. I don't see how the Bee can be compared to the MB or a BOB for that matter.

maybaby2009
04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
I guess what I meant was that I wouldn't have chosen the mbue if I was looking for a stroller the primary purpose of which was jogging. I think the advantage of the mbus is that it can beour only stroller. Personally, I did not feel the same about the bob.

happywithtwo
04-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I am new here but have been lurking for a long time. I have both a bob revolution duallie and a mbud. The mbud is not as wide as the bob and I love the bassinet attachment. My daughter is 8 months old and we still use it. She is very small but we have loved it. The biggest problem I have with the mbud is the lack of a sunshade. The bob has the best canopy and is easier to steer. If I could only have one of them I would probably pick the bob. However we have used the mbud more than the bob.

JamiMac
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
The BOB can be used everywhere that a MBUS can be used actually. The BOB is a little bit longer and the MBUS is a bit wider. They both do better outdoors or in larger shopping areas (not small stores) but either could be used as an only stroller if you needed it to.