PDA

View Full Version : I think DD has a cold sore. Thanks DH!

elektra
04-22-2009, 07:05 PM
DD has a little red patch below her lip that I think is probably a cold sore. She did say she hurt her lip over the weekend right after I saw her fall down, so I am still hoping it's just from falling. But the little red patch didn't show up until the next day and it is not healing. She also has a scratch on her nose from the day after the small fall, and that is already a scab. But this other thing is staying raw. :(
DH had a cold sore a week or so ago and I was nagging him not kiss her anywhere on her face. I have managed (at least to my knowledge) to avoid getting the virus that causes them as I have never had a cold sore. I am just pissed and feel bad for DD that she basically may have a form of herpes now and she may have to deal with the cold sores for the rest of her life. :(

DrSally
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM
It could be nothing--chapped lips she keeps licking? Is she having other SX of a herpes infection--fever, malaise, etc?

almostmom
04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
ugh - i totally know what you're feeling. DH and I both get cold sores (got them before we met), and I am dreading the day, which I assume will come someday, when one of our DC gets one. Multiple times I've thought they had one because of a red mark just above their lip, but it's always been nothing.

I do remember from seeing this happen to a friend at college, that when you first get one, you get pretty sick, with flu-like symptoms. So hopefully it's nothing!

Hope you can keep yourself and her away from them - they are so annoying!!!

elektra
04-23-2009, 12:16 PM
when you first get one, you get pretty sick, with flu-like symptoms.

She is just getting over a flu/cold. :( But DH had one too so I think that's where she got it.
Oh well. Nothing I can really do about it now.