PDA

View Full Version : Starting to freak- INSANE 8 days ahead...

LarsMal
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm starting to FREAK-OUT with everything going on in the next week.

- Home inspection here tomorrow morning. Buyers have 'til Tuesday to give us their ratified contract. Need to get the house in order, but not squeaky clean since the buyers aren't coming.

- Assuming all goes well w/our buyers, DH will meet with the sales guy in the neighborhood where we want to buy our next house, hold our lot, and get our contract in order. Hopefully the builder will accept our offer.

- DH wants me to go to the design studio with him THIS Saturday (they are having an open house) so I can show him what I like in terms of selections for the house we hope to be building. He'll most likely have to do the actual selections himself, and while I totally trust him- he has a great decorating sense/style- he wants my input.

- DS and DD were both born at exactly 38 weeks- which will be this Saturday for this one. I just don't know if I should be 2 hours away for the day...just in case.

- Oh yeah, and sometime between now and next Friday I'm going to have a baby!!!

Hmm...wonder why I'm freaking out...it's just too much! Please stars, please align for me for the next week and let everything go smoothly!

WatchingThemGrow
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh my goodness, Julie! Wow. Do you have good babysitters lined up and a plan for childcare? Is the fridge/freezer full of easy prep food for the older DC - so someone else can feed and care for them?

Are you skilled in dealing with chaos? I'm not, so I'd be 1)praying -a lot 2) making lists for everyone - paid helpers, babysitters, etc. 3) trying my hardest to sit on the couch and gestate.

Please take care of yourself during this crazy time! And no, I wouldn't be going to the design studio on Sat. I'd be going this afternoon if you really have to go..

JTsMom
04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
It'll all come together- it always does. Couldn't the design studio wait until after the baby comes? I would think those decisions wouldn't have to made until closer to the end, unless you are doing a lot of special order stuff or something.

daisyd
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Julie that sounds overwhelming to say the least! I'm sure everything will fall into place but please do take care of yourself. Hugs.

SammyeGail
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, your plate is full, but its not bad. Right now your main focus is your baby!

1) Home inspection, don't sweat it unless you've got a crack in your foundation, bad wiring, asbestos or lead paint ;). He's just going to look at the structural stuff, not how super clean it is. I'd just make sure I didn't have anything embarrassing under any sinks.

2) The inspection will go fine and the buyers will purchase the house.

3) Your DH and the builder will work out an offer.

4) The design studio will be packed on open house, no place to break your water! If your new house is not even built yet, there is no reason at all to go THIS Saturday. Everything will be there in 3-4 weeks (or longer) that was there at open house.

If it weren't your regular due date I would suggest your DH go to the open house by himself (he seems really excited) with a digital camera but I think he should be close. Unless you don't mind and have someone else to take you to the hospital and he rush there.

Buying and Selling is very stressful, and a baby due anytime on top of that is a load! Just take it slow and try not to think about it too much, I know thats hard. When we bought this house 2 years ago DH put a contract on it without a contract on ours. I totally freaked, for a month until we did get a contract on ours. Then the builder barely had this one ready he was so busy doing his own addition. He followed us here after the closing to put in doorknobs while we put up blinds. We got the other 1/2 of our shutters 6 weeks later, lol.

Take care of yourself, your baby and your little ones. Save the freaking out for when you are getting into the new construction, they'll be plenty to freak out about then : ).

Samantha
Mommy to 3.5 yr old twin boys
Noah, my little firecracker
Jonas, my sweetheart with autism

elektra
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Whoa! I would be freaking out too. I have a ton going on too (but nowhere near what you are dealing with) and what is calming me down is just reminding myself that when the baby comes, he comes and there's really not a whole lot I can do. So no use in stressing about that part, KWIM?
My own DH is on a business trip right now and I am hoping I don't go into labor while he is gone, but if I do, I do!