PDA

View Full Version : BabyPlus.com

CBrady
04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Has anyone bought Baby Plus (Prenatal Education System)? If so, what do you think about it?

tempi
06-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I bought one, but I got it used and am still using it. As a result, I really have no idea if it really works. the theory is sound so I figured it wouldn't hurt. The lady I bought it from used it for two pregnancies; she's also a teacher. She said it will not produce Einstein's but it does make an infant more readily adaptable to a changing environment because they have already grown accustom to a change in stimuli (the mom's heartbeat). That said, in the first week I owned it the plastic pieces that hold the battery compartment together both broke. the next week, one of two plastic pieces that hold the unit to the belt broke. this past weekend the second piece that holds the unit to the belt broke. Granted, the unit itself is about 5 years old...but it was pretty solid when I got it and I'm not rough with it at all - only wear it during my commute! however, it's currently being held together by rubber bands and I literally stick the unit inside my maternity band/waistline to keep it in place.

tny915
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I used it with both DDs. My first DD was all day colicky as a newborn, very clingy, very high needs. Hated the stroller, wanted to be held all the time, not great at independent play. She was a terrible napper and just an okay sleeper at night, but no long stretches by any means. She was an early reader when she got older, but I don't attribute that to Babyplus.

My second DD is the exact opposite. Mellow, very adaptable, entertains herself, great napper, and great night sleeper, though she didn't sleep through the night till just recently.

Take what you want from that. :) When DD2 was in utero, we figured Babyplus was a waste of time but figured what the heck on the off chance it might make a difference. But I think it's all marketing.