PDA

View Full Version : Fricken Fracken Sellers!!!!

Kungjo
04-24-2009, 07:58 PM
WTH? Do you want to sell your house or not? We have been back and forth with these guys and they are nitpicking every single thing. We went back and forth and ended at $1600 less than their asking price and they keep putting up roadblocks. WTH?!?!?

In this economy, aren't you suppose to be happy that you got a solid offer (NOT A LOWBALL ONE) about a week after you put it on the market? They aren't even living in it so it's vacant. They supposedly bought the house, something happened and they never moved in so they rented it out. The renter moved and it's sitting vacant. Why are they being such a PITA?!?!? Some sellers would kill to be in their position.

Do they want to sell the fricken house or what? If you're not willing to part with it, why put it on the market. GRRRR!!! If my lease wasn't coming due and I would have to go either month to month at a $300 increase per month or sign a 6 month lease, I would tell you exactly what you can do with your house.

KpbS
04-24-2009, 09:41 PM
We had a similar situation w/ sellers. The kept nitpicking every little detail. DH and I tried our best to not have an emotional response to whatever game they were playing.

In the end we reached an agreed price w/ an agreed closing date, holdover amount, repair limit, etc. It was just crazy.

Hang in there and don't be afraid to walk away and find something else if necessary.

WitMom
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Our sellers did the same thing to us last year. I was like "WTH?" We went back and forth so many times with them, I got so peeved I was ready to walk. We had two houses that we really liked, and had a hard time deciding between the two, and then to have the sellers of the house we decided on be jerks about every little thing...it really just wasn't wise on their parts. Finally, after we played hardball with them, they got panicky and started agreeing to some of our requests. By then, I was ticked off enough that I made them sweat it out and made sure we took our sweet time getting back to them on their counter offers. I figured they had more to lose than I did. Good luck....hopefully they'll start seeing the light.

Kungjo
04-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Sigh! Okay, I calmed down a bit. The sellers asked us to pay HOA transfer fees, take off the clause about the 10 day option period where I inserted that repairs if any would be determined upon inspection, also wanted to extend the 5 day deadline of giving us the HOA booklet/restrictions from 5 to 10 days to name a few. And they don't present all this at once. Everytime we agree or counter something, they come back with another condition. Do they want to sell or do they just enjoy playing games?

I'm over it. I talked it over with DH and we are ready to walk if it doesn't pan out. There will be another house, but they may not get another offer like ours for a while if the economy doesn't improve. We've given them a number of concessions and we're done.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

ha98ed14
04-25-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm over it. I talked it over with DH and we are ready to walk if it doesn't pan out. There will be another house, but they may not get another offer like ours for a while if the economy doesn't improve.

I'm making your words my new mantra! Ommmm.......

Good to know I'm not alone. Good luck to you too!

DebbieJ
04-25-2009, 12:14 AM
We had a similar situation. We agreed to the seller's price (vacant house, he was flipping), but the inspection found some MAJOR problems (like $8k worth). He refused to fix anything or credit us for any of them, so we walked. That man could have sold his house if he had a brain in the head of his.

I hope your deal works out!