PDA

View Full Version : I am an addict

KBecks
04-24-2009, 08:25 PM
So I have 4 gliders in my house, but there is one on CL for $60 that is beautiful. I'm going to try to buy it.

DrSally
04-24-2009, 08:43 PM
so i have 4 gliders in my house, but there is one on cl for $60 that is beautiful. I'm going to try to buy it.

:rotflmao:

DietCokeLover
04-24-2009, 08:56 PM
LOL, "Hi, My name is Karen, and I'm addicted to gliders".

Love it.

ThreeofUs
04-24-2009, 09:05 PM
If I thought I could get away with it, Karen, I'd have 2 gliders. 4 sounds like heaven! But DH would have a cow. Breech presentation. ;)

mamaoftwins
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Karen, you must have a killer CL - I have been searching for months here for a decent glider and have come up with nothing!!! I'm jealous of your many gliders! :)

elektra
04-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Do you have any that are lower in back? I wasn't even going to bother posting about this but since you are the self-declared expert..... ;)
I am looking at what is actually a rocker but the back rest does not come up high enough to rest your head on. Last night when holding DD, I realized that I definitely rest my head on our glider in her room. DH is trying to talk me into getting this low back one (it looks really cool) for DS's room, but I'm not sure if it's going to work.

KBecks
04-24-2009, 11:40 PM
No, mine are all the higher back style, sorry! I like the high back ones and I have a pattern of buying the same glider over and over (and over, and over...)

There are 2 in the family room, one in Mark's room, one in John's room. Alek doesn't have one in his room, he's got DH's old college chair, and there are none in the living room, although we used to have one in there and it was nice!

kijip
04-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. :wink2:

mamicka
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I had no idea you had a problem - you cover it well. ;)

DebbieJ
04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Karen, you must have a killer CL - I have been searching for months here for a decent glider and have come up with nothing!!! I'm jealous of your many gliders! :)

Our CL has gliders all the time. I got a sweet, barely used Shermag for $125. :):):):)

JTsMom
04-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Personally, I say stop messing around with those gateway gliders, and start hitting the hard stuff- the La Z Boys. All the cool kids are doing it! :innocent:

Edensmum
04-26-2009, 11:37 AM
LOL, if you want it and can afford it, go for it, but post pics, I want to see it!
I only have one, and I was just thinking of recovering it in this beautiful fabric but I lent it to a friend who has a new baby since my mom just gave me two new chairs for the room it was in, so we recovered those instead. When I get it back I will likely recover it.

smiles33
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Ooooh, I never thought of getting extra gliders....:thumbsup:

I found a gorgeous overstuffed Dutailier (with a high back so you can rest your head there!) and ottoman for only $50 on Craigslist. The family selling it were in a 2 bedroom apt and just needed the space. I'm STILL amazed at what a great deal it was, as it looks brand new and it's very similar to this but with a textured chenille like fabric:

http://www.dutailier.com/iblock/fc0/fc0308e7cdedb40eec2d83f21c2c1e96.jpg

KBecks
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
ooooooohhhhh, smiles, that's NICE!!!!

DH approved glider #5, I'm picking it up tomorrow night.
My family rocks!

Happy 2B mommy
04-26-2009, 11:41 PM
And DH thought I was nuts for buying a 2nd one (both of mine are used, one a Shermeg with a ottoman and the other a nearly new, white Dutailer that is sooooooooo comfy. They cost $40 each!) But now he's happy that we can have one in both kiddo's rooms for storytime.

kijip
04-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Where do the 5 gliders go? 1 for each kid room + living spaces?

If you keep this up Karen you are going to need to list your couch for sale on CL...I can see it now, a circle of gliders in the living room instead. :boogie: Everyone would want to have playgroup at your house. :)

KBecks
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
One in each of 3 bedrooms, 2 in the family room w/a table in between.

I could probably fit 2 more in the living room for a total of 7, but that might be a little crazy. But right now, playdates aren't benefiting from any of our gliders. All I've got are a couple extra dining room chairs in there.

I had a glider in the LR for a short time while we were getting Mark's room ready and guests liked it.

I don't have ottomans, that would take up too much room.