PDA

View Full Version : P&T Dash - weight limits?

MamaBear
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I heard the baby's heartbeat yesterday (no sweeter sound!), so am starting to let myself get excited about this pregnancy.

Which meant today I went to look at strollers :ROTFLMAO:

I went to a store that I really don't like (because of the customer service and general attitude) but go there because they have some products I can't find anywhere else, or at least not nearby. {sigh} Anyway, I had my first look at the Dash. Once I *finally* got the attention of a staff member, well, she went to get someone else, who couldn't tell me anything about it. The third clerk could, but I'm really doubting her on one point and I'm certain there's bound to be someone here who can clarify.

What's the weight limit on the doubles seat when it is in the newborn/toddler position? As in, when it is in the front (and the baby underneath). She assured me that it is 33lbs, which I knew was the case for the toddler/toddler position but I suspect the limit is higher for the newborn/toddler arrangement.

Who is right?

Oh, she also said the stroller cannot be folded with the toddler seat attached in any position. I thought maybe it could be attached in the front position - am I wrong? Is the Vibe the only one that can be folded with the toddler seat attached in any position?

Thanks in advance!

MamaBear
04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
{bump}

Anyone?

first_timer
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I have it and I think the weight limit for the extra seat when it's in the front position (toddler/newborn) is 50 lbs. You're right that it's only 33lbs for the back position.

Also I haven't tried, (can do it tomorrow) but I'm pretty sure I read that it can be folded with the doubles seat on the front.

ETA
From P&T website...
What are the maximum weight limits in the various positions? 4 in 1

* NEWBORN = Single buggy (Newborn) 25kg’s
* TODDLER = Single buggy (Newborn) 25kg’s
* BABY & TDDLER = Sling + Double Kit TOP 20kg’s max (baby underneath)
* 2 TODDLERS = Add Double Kit Rear Position 15kg’s max

25kgs=55 lbs
20kgs=44 lbs
15kgs=33 lbs

first_timer
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
BTW, congratulations on hearing the HB! Such a sweet sound.

MamaBear
04-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Thank you for the info! When I looked on P&T's website, only the other inline strollers had the specs, and they were all identical so I couldn't imagine that the Dash would be different.

And thanks for the congrats :waving4: With #1 we rented a doppler, and every morning I spent a minute or two eavesdropping on that wonderful sound. Hopefully we'll do it again this time!