PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of the Playskool Glide to Ride yet?

fivi2
04-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I have had my eye on this for a while, and someone posted up in Bargains that it is on sale. Has anyone bought it? (It is a balance bike that you can later add pedals... I think). Is it better for taller kids or shorter? Any thoughts? TIA!

american_mama
04-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Where is it on sale and for how much?

One warning - it says it has hand brakes, but ideally when you attach the pedals, they can be used as coaster brakes too. I bought the Fun One balance bike that was sold on ebay a few years ago and also came with easy on/off pedals. My DD never ever used the hand brakes, in part because they are spaced too far apart and are often too stiff for a child to grip and squeeze. I've read that is a problem with another brand of balance bikes too.

Other than that, it looks very nice. Based on the looks, it looks like a 12 inch bike, so good for 3 and 4 year olds. The Fun One was bigger: 16 inch frame, I think. My DD2 was just riding it today with no pedals and it was finally just about fitting her. She is 4 years, 5 months old and probably about 75% percentile for height.

fivi2
04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I think it was on sale at Amazon for around $80... I'd have to doublecheck, but I think that is right...

I just like the idea of a balance bike that adds pedals, but you make great points about the brakes. My girls are a little over 3 but super petite (5%), so I have no clue what size they will need (or if they make them small enough!).

Thanks for your input!