PDA

View Full Version : IUD removal?

Tondi G
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Mine didn't feel particularly pleasant going in... I am thinking of having my Paragard removed. Those of you who have had your IUD removed... did it hurt just as bad as it going in?

SnuggleBuggles
04-25-2009, 06:50 PM
It didn't hurt at all! It was fast and easy. Mine was a Paragard as well. ETA- I found insertion quite uncomfortable, if that is any help.

Beth

pb&j
04-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I hardly felt a thing when I had my 1st Mirena removed. It came out so easily, in fact, that now with Mirena #2, I am *much* more diligent about checking for the strings on a regular basis.

cdlamis
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Not at all! And I was a huge baby when it was inserted (that did hurt).

Tondi G
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
did you go while you had your period?

I had my IUD inserted while I had my period, was supposed to make it less painful (I shudder to think of what it might have felt like had I not been... OUCH). Glad to hear that it was much less painful to get it removed than put in!

Off to go and research good condoms! I'll be calling my OB/Gyn on monday to see about having it taken out! Thanks ladies! :)

Corie
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I had my Mirena put in and I was NOT on my period. And my cervix was
closed up as tight as a drum. (her words) It was very uncomfortable.

Now, getting my Mirena out was a piece of cake. Did not feel a thing.

Tondi G
04-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks Corie. I hope my removal experience is like everyone else's seems to have been... cause going in was not fun! Too bad I can't just remove it myself... I hate to pay the copay and whatever other fees they manage to tack on to it. I had to pay for it out of pocket, insurance didn't cover it.... I'll bet they won't pay for it to be removed!

s7714
04-26-2009, 01:03 AM
I didn't even feel a thing when my Dr. pulled out my Mirena.

o_mom
04-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Call Planned Parenthood and ask their fee for removal. You could also check the cost for your family doctor to see if it is lower than your OB.

Tondi G
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Call Planned Parenthood and ask their fee for removal. You could also check the cost for your family doctor to see if it is lower than your OB.

hmmm never even considered Planned Parenthood. I am going to check with my OB's office monday morning and see what the charges will be. I don't think I could go to my internal medicine/general doctor for that.... I am not particularly fond of him as it is... not comfy having him deal with my girly parts!

thanks for the PP thought though!