PDA

View Full Version : @$#%$ Bolt!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Seriously-who's idea was this movie. We rented it tonight since i had a TON of free redbox coupons from mcdonalds. I would have thought dd would have done well with it and she did, until the end. Who the he!! thought a scene with a screen size hypodermic needle was a good idea in a childrens movie??!! Just wondering because I'd like to tell them that it sent my 6 year old running into the kitchen in fear to get away from the movie:angry-smiley-005:

Dh had to come and carry her back to the family room and spend 10 minutes calming her down with the movie off.

Don't get me wrong I thought the plotline of the whole movie was a little confusing for her and ds. Neither of them really understood what was happening all the time.

But really,seriously disney-time to reevaluate what scares little children because obviously you're WAAAY off course. Poor walt must be spinning in his grave.

Tondi G
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM
My kids LOVE Bolt. I guess they don't scare easily.

egoldber
04-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Huh. We just saw Bolt at Sarah's school's movie night and I thought it was adorable and not nearly as scary as a I thought it might be.

But different things affect different kids. As I've said before, the scariest movie of all time for Sarah was Cinderella 3!!!!

scoop22
04-26-2009, 08:32 AM
we are watching today.. i wonder how ds will react.. i guess i will watch it first then see what i think. thanks for the heads up

o_mom
04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes, the first 10 min or so are really, really intense. The rest of it is so tame by comparison, though. It is rated PG, however, so there is at least that warning, unlike movies like The Lion King - with actual murder of a parent and still gets a 'G' rating.

daniele_ut
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
DS loved Bolt and wasn't scared at all. I'm sorry your dd was frightened!

kransden
04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
We saw it at the dollar show and brought a little friend along. They both loved it.

HannaAddict
05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
My husband was just saying he liked Bolt. He took our then four year old (who was upset/scared by Lady and the Tramp for a long time because it was too intense) to it at the theater and said it was great. We were going to rent it for the kids, and I will keep an eye out for the scary parts but try not to let on that there is anything to be scared of. Sorry you little one was scared.

bubbaray
05-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Good to know (sorry to hear your DD was frightened). Heck, my kids find Peter Pan frightening. And, after their hysterics on the Pinocchio ride at Disneyland, I'm scared to get Pinocchio the movie!

KrystalS
05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Good to know (sorry to hear your DD was frightened). Heck, my kids find Peter Pan frightening. And, after their hysterics on the Pinocchio ride at Disneyland, I'm scared to get Pinocchio the movie!

DD was terrified of Pinocchio. And she doesn't scare easily. It was the only Disney movie she has watched so far that she was really really scared.