PDA

View Full Version : Clearing out room for Friends..Who wants these?

Pennylane
04-27-2009, 08:36 AM
OK, so first up is my friend that copies everything I do. Really, from the very special mother's necklace my DH got for me to getting the exact same pet. Sorry, I'm just not flattered by it.

Next is a friend that only calls me for childcare. So you don't believe in preschool before age 4 but you have no problem droping your dd off here for hours while you do "volunteer" work. Really, I did not become a SAHM to SAH with your daughter. And no I don't need to swap off times with you because on the days that my DC aren't at preschool I enjoy spending time with them.

Last, and probably best, is my friend that always invites another friend along on everything that we do. "Well, Beth called and I just didn't know what to say". How about telling Beth that you had plans to come to my house and you guys can get together another day instead of also inviting her and her dc to come to my house also.

If you are interested in any of these people, please forward me your info and I will pass it along:bouncy:!

Ann

mommylamb
04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
I'll trade you for my friend who always wants us to come to her house but will never accept an invitation to my house, despite the fact that I keep telling her that it's difficult for me to go to her house becuase it's not child proofed, and mine is. When her son was younger like mine, I always went to her house because it's harder to travel with kids, especially when you know that they'll be going to a place with no gates and lots of tempting things to get into.

SnuggleBuggles
04-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I would trade but I don't think I want any of your friends any more than you would want the one I would trade. :)

I haven't talked to her in 2.5 months. Since our kids are getting older we have been in touch less and less. I thought maybe I could just cut ties. But, I just started missing her so I am going to give it another shot. We shall see how that goes. I invited another friend along with us so conversation should be nice and easy. When it is just the 2 of us she tells me way too much.
Beth

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
OK, so first up is my friend that copies everything I do. Really, from the very special mother's necklace my DH got for me to getting the exact same pet. Sorry, I'm just not flattered by it.

Next is a friend that only calls me for childcare. So you don't believe in preschool before age 4 but you have no problem droping your dd off here for hours while you do "volunteer" work. Really, I did not become a SAHM to SAH with your daughter. And no I don't need to swap off times with you because on the days that my DC aren't at preschool I enjoy spending time with them.

Last, and probably best, is my friend that always invites another friend along on everything that we do. "Well, Beth called and I just didn't know what to say". How about telling Beth that you had plans to come to my house and you guys can get together another day instead of also inviting her and her dc to come to my house also.

If you are interested in any of these people, please forward me your info and I will pass it along:bouncy:!

Ann

I have a friend that copies me, too! She also runs around town telling everyone how "rich" I am. Maybe because her hubby isn't employed and collects unemployment, because he refuses to take a job making less than __ per hour. Meanwhile my hubby makes less than his dream salary, and works his butt off. Everyone pays for her to do things, and gives her things, as they feels sorry for her. Not me! She married him, and I wiwsh I got the freebies she gets!

I have a friend that changes her mind about major things involving me, and casually mentions them to me. When I ask her she defends herself, instead of saying sorry and explaining.

I have a friend in the Bay Area, that had the cojones to tell me to call her at
6:15 if I wanted to talk to her, as she was in her car driving home and that is the only time she can talk. Like she can't talk to me in her house, she likes to relax at home. Thanks.

I have a blog, and I recently talked about cleaning out my friend closet. I totally agree!!!!! Why is it so hard to have great friends???????

gatorsmom
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM

Ann

I have SUCH a deal for you. i'll take your 3 freaky friends and trade you the Bully Wench and C (whose 4 yo son brings knives on my son's preschool bus) PLUS a year's supply of antianxiety meds. Deal?

niccig
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I have/had a friend that when DS was a newborn wanted to know when she could call to talk to me for 1 hour plus when I was alone and not busy with DS.....my answer, never....and she had a 10 year old son. I didn't have the time /energy to have a 60 min phone call where she told me verbatim the conversations with her ex-husband. So, now we're down to occasional emails and birthday/christmas cards. Major problem is that to see other friends in same town as her, I have to see her too and then get guilt trips why I'm not there for her anymore...so I don't really see any older friends either...

I will admit that I have wanted to get some thing other friends have, like a cute shirt etc, but I ask first. One friend was fine, but if we're having a big get-together and we're going to wear the shirt, we HAVE to call the other person first.

happymomma
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
How about I trade with someone also. I have a friend that I thought was a really really good friend but ended up ignoring me whenever we were in a public setting with lots of other mom friends. She started acting like she didn't really know me well and barely would say hi. I didn't realize this until her DD started going to DS' preschool and being in the same class. Honestly, it was almost impossible to get a "hi" out of her. I was going through a complex thinking she was mad at me but whenever we were hanging out by ourselves she was the greatest friend. I have decided that I don't need someone that is ashamed to be my friend.

I also have a friend that lied to me all the time about how rich he was. He would give my kids gifts (clothes mostly) and say how expensive they were (ie from Saks Fifth Avenue). But he would always say that he cut the tag and gave it a wash b/c he felt that kids shouldn't wear clothes straight from the store. I gave him the benefit of doubt until one day I realized everything he said was a lie. The clothes were definitely used (which he knows that I am cool with and always buy my kids). They were well worn sometimes and sometimes there would be a hole in it. It was just so weird. He didn't have to lie about it yet he did. It was a bit freaky b/c I didn't know how sane he was.

Pennylane
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
So glad to hear it's not just me! What happened to the old days when you just had a few great friends to do things with??? All my friends now are so busy, We have to plan things weeks in advanced! No more just calling up and meeting at the park.

Ann

MCsMom
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I'll trade your freaks for :

1. My soon to be ex-friend that I haven't seen or heard from since her wedding in November last year. I left my baby for the very first time for a few hours (with her grandparents) to go to this wedding, helped her during the ceremony, got her a nice gift AND took back-up photos because she said she didn't have a photographer.
I emailed once, called once and texted once.
Oh wait, I guess that is an ex-friend haha

2. My so-called close friend who compared taking care of his DOG to my tending to my CHILD. GRRRR!

I really wonder sometimes what people are thinking :ROTFLMAO:

kijip
04-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Life is too short to waste time with fake friends. Letting go of relationships with people that are not to either of our interests makes life waaaayyyy easier.

mommylamb
04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I have SUCH a deal for you. i'll take your 3 freaky friends and trade you the Bully Wench and C (whose 4 yo son brings knives on my son's preschool bus) PLUS a year's supply of antianxiety meds. Deal?

Oh no... I've read your posts about bully wench. No one is worth that trade!:)

hellokitty
04-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Lol, this thread is cracking me up. I got "de-cluttered" my closets of *those* type of friends a while ago. Now I have special radar that warns me when I encounter potential friends who fall into that category. I'm much happier. The last one I got rid of was the combo of the copy-cat, braggart and telling everyone we were rich (even though her DH made more $ than my DH) friend... I was so happy that her DH got re-located and I didn't have to deal with that one on my own.

MontrealMum
05-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Up for grabs: my friend who *may* have a new 1 year old child that has never been announced to anyone in our mutual social circle, but appeared on the Xmas card that was send to a select few. But not me.
Cons: Known for serious passive-aggressive behavior, some jealousy and unexpected personal attacks, and extreme difficulty in keeping up communication - and then blaming it on the other person. Often late. It's your fault, not hers.
Pros: she *should* have some serious childcare knowledge and mom know-how with 2, maybe 3 kids? She gives nice gifts if she's in touch with you at the time. There used to be a lot more, but sadly, it's been outweighed by a lot of really draining, stressful, incommunicado behavior. :(

I *might* be willing to take bully wench since I have some aggression and frustration to work out lately, and could use someone to aim it at :D Verbally, not physically. Otherwise, I am going to have to step up my exercise program.