PDA

View Full Version : Need gift idea for Pokeno

mom2one
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I have been invited to play pokeno this friday night. The winner gets to pick a gift from the pile. (everyone brings a $15 gift) I have enclosed the invite info below. Any good theme ideas out there. I want to bring something GREAT!

May Day Pokeno!!! Come celebrate May Day by bringing a basket full of your favorite goodies or theme ie. movie night basket w/popcorn, movie tickets and milk duds OR coffee basket, spa basket etc.

May Day (May 1st) is celebrated in many places around the world. The traditions and stories surrounding May Day vary from place to place. There is, however, one thing that is similar in most celebrations - the use of Flowers!
One of the most popularly known May Day traditions is to hang a basket full of spring flowers and/or gifts on a neighbor's doorknob. The trick is you don't want the neighbor to see you! If you get caught, you are supposed to get a kiss.

Veronica's Mommy
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I used to do a monthly Pokeno night and prizes were all over the map! The ladies would sometimes bring stuff from their home businesses- Mary Kay, Avon, Partylite, etc, but I liked it best when we had themes. A basket of something could be anything. Really, seriously anything. If you really want to do a "May basket" theme then you could get floral-scented soaps & lotions, or floral guest towels, maybe throw in some seed packets. Otherwise, just pick something you would want to win.
Basically, I never went because of the prizes, it was just a way to have fun, and prizes were secondary. I bet all of the others feel the same way.

Jen841
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
What about going with the flower theme...
Vase with a gift certificate to buy flowers, even if it is for a grocery store that works
Flowering plant for summer time.

amldaley
04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
We normally have a theme for the all the gifts, such as "beverage related gift" (I brought organic, fair trade coffee beans & a mug), or "beach themed" (high end sunblock and funky dollar store flip flops).

jse107
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
How about some gardening items? You could put in a few little tools, gloves, and some seeds. You could pack it all in a little watering can!

mom2one
04-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I have not decided what to do yet, but it certainly has given me a few ideas to go shopping for. Thanks!!!