PDA

View Full Version : Portable DVD players - one or two?

KBecks
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
We are going to Jamaica which will be a flight, layover, flight, and maybe 2 hour bus ride. I am thinking of getting one or two personal DVD players. Would I be crazy to only get one for the boys to share? DH says it's ridiculous and we need two. I think they could sit next to each other (most units have 2 headphone jacks). What do you say?

hellokitty1
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
if they can watch the same programs happily, just get one and an earphone jack splitter if it doesn't come with one. that being said, if your boys can't handle sharing well, you might consider two but i would not unless it was asking for serious trouble. they aren't that cheap.

DagnyT
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
There may be a point at which you may want to have them NOT sitting next to one another! On the other hand, what if there are two players and they want the SAME movie?! Not helping, am I?

When we got a portable player for the car I got one with one player and two screens- they have to agree on a show, but can view if from one side of the car or the other. Mine are two years apart.

Good luck!

lorinick
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I would just buy one they can share and if they can't share than they can't watch the DVD player. They are not cheap and I wouldn't want to have to carry two around with me.