PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on All Terain Please

mariza
04-28-2009, 06:34 AM
I know it seems like there are a lot of posts lately on this same topic so my apologies if this is redundant! I am searching for a double for my 4 yo and 2.5 yo to go for walks in. This will be used only for local walks and maybe some hiking since both my kids like to walk if we go to the mall and zoo, etc. I need to shed some weight so this is a "must sit if you want to go with mommy or stay home" deal for them. This seems to be a good week for my local CL so assuming these are still available what would you choose?
Black MBUD (1.5 yo)
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bab/1143426071.html

BJCCD:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bab/1142239593.html

Bob Duallie Revolution
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bab/1143356947.html

I really LOVE the new Baby Jogger City Elite but I can't justify the price of a brand new stroller so please help me decide.

I know many love the MBUD but I am concerned about the seat back, I think my kids would want to sit more upright and if they are not happy I won't get a good walk. I never considered the BOB before yesterday but now am intrigued. Also, which one is easiest to steer one-handed? On sand? I may attempt to bring the dog too if I'm feeling adventurous. We have a small pond within a 15 minute walk from home that I could make an afternoon of.
Also, DH recently lost his job so this is a real stretch for us financially, but he gave me the go ahead as long as I sell my Mac Volo and some other random stuff. My question is do you think it would be ok to try and barter down or are these prices already good? I would hate to offer someone less and have them tell me to take a hike! OR is anyone really happy with a cheaper InStep or such? Need high seat back, upright seats, weight limit of at least 100 lbs and swivel front wheels that can lock. I am open to suggestions budget is about $300. TIA!

SomeoneLikeYou
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
I have never seen an MBUD in person nor was it one of my choices so I can add some input from looking at your other two if that helps.

1)The Elite's seat sits more upright than the BOB and, yes, that was a consideration for me as well.

2)We have the Elite (the Classic would be similar I believe) and a Rotty and a Jack Russell and EASILY walk them both while pushing the stroller (two dogs on one hand in leashes of course and the other on the babe).

3)BOB REV AW and Elite both have air filled 12" tires so would do equally well on sand (altho I haven't tried it yet myself and I'd venture to guess super loose stuff would be a bit challenging with anything but 16" tires?).

4)The Elite's seat is higher but narrower (but not skinny by any means!!) and the BOB's seat is wider but shorter.

5)Both have swivel lock front wheels

6)The BOB is technically the only "true" jogging stroller of the two if that is a consideration for you........but for fast walking/light jogging I PERSONALLY do not see how the Elite isn't also fit for the job!!

7)Weight limit I believe on both is 75lbs as a single but I don't know about a double

8)Regarding bartering.......if you think they are asking a reasonable price then I personally would just take it at that.........these strollers go SUPER fast (at least in my area) and they very well may get a dozen responses, many that won't try to barter. I dunno, it's your call. If the price is a bit high then by all means........you don't want to pay too much for a used one y'know? Just inform yourself on what you could get them brand spanking first so you can decide if maybe paying an extra $50 for brand new over what they are selling thiers for is worth it. I will tell you I've had my Elite for about 2 wks now and we pretty much use it as a home base on weekends as we go away pretty much that often. So we USE ours to it's max!!! lol. The stroller needs wiped down after a long Saturday on dusty trails and muddy puddles!! I change her in it so I have to clorox wipe it down too. I always seem to spill juice in the pockets and that needs a wipe down too. She leaks formula up near the head rest when taking bottles. When it's super hot (like last weekend) she gets a touch sweaty. The babe likes to be barefoot except when walking of course because that's non negotiable, but in the interems her dirty shoes are in the basket. You get the idea. Depends on how they used thier stroller y'know?

Sorry, that got long. I can't wait to hear what you decide. Altho it sounds like I'm saying the Elite is the choice for you, I'm really not...........the BOB was a STRONG contender for us and it was actually cheaper!!! I honestly got suckered in to the overall look of the Elite, it's adjustable handlebar, it's fold, the canopy from heaven (BOB has one too tho), the kickplate on the Elite, and the magnetic peekaboos.

HTH!!!

arivecchi
04-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I just got a BJCCD and love it. I got it NEW for $375 from stroller.com so I think the price listed on CL is way too high for it. I like it better than the MBUD because the seats are taller and the canopies are way bigger. Also, my toddler likes to sit upright and the MBUD's seats are much more reclined. I have not compared it to the Bob, so I can't comment on that one.