PDA

View Full Version : IPOD owners, advice needed

DietCokeLover
04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I am thinking that an Ipod would be a great gift for DH to give me for Mother's Day. But, I don't really know what to get. I'm torn between the Nano (which are really cute in their fun colors) or a Touch which would be cool to access internet.

Any thoughts from people who are in the know? TIA

mommylamb
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Do you already have a smart phone? because if so the Touch would be redundant. What do you want to use your ipod for? Do you think you'll watch TV pod casts? If so, you may want something with a bigger hard drive than the nano.

Personally, I just store music on mine, but I have a lot of music so the nano was way too small. I have the 80 gig regular ipod (though, even with a lot of music on it, I have a ton of extra space at the moment that I could use for pictures, pod casts, videos, etc if I ever decided I wanted those). I also have a smart phone from work, so I don't need to access the internet on my ipod.

BeachBum
04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
I have a classic 80G. I wasn't sure I'd use the video screen but I love it! I let DS watch stuff if we are waiting at a drs appt or something, and I often watch shows while I'm nursing at night. I wouldn't want the touch b/c I have a phone that goes online. Plus, I just dont want to carry it with me all the time.

larig
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd go for the touch. The screen is so nice, and you'd be able to use the many fantastic apps in the app store. I have a shuffle, a 60 gig classic and an iphone. Once I got the iphone I stopped using the others. I have movies and music on it. I know the nano can play movies, but the larger screen on the iphone makes viewing a movie with others much more convenient.

kozachka
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM
DH got me iPod Touch and I am very happy with it.

Momof3Labs
04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I have an older iPod with video that I only use to entertain the kids on long trips. My shuffle got the most use since I mostly use my iPod when working out - once that came along, the video iPod ended up in a drawer.

DietCokeLover
04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I had not thought about being able to use the videos as a way of entertaining DCs at appts, etc. I do not have an Iphone. I have a cell phone that is pretty much made for dummies! Maybe I'll hint for the Touch.

tarahsolazy
04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, one thing about the internet and the ipod touch, you have to be within range of a wi-fi network that you can access. So, you can do it at home, but you've got a computer for that, or places with free wi-fi. Anywhere else is a bit of a pain, honestly.

I have the ipod touch, and I really do like it, but I see the internet feature as a cool toy, not a necessity. If I wanted real all-time internet on a little device, I'd get an iphone. I do use some apps, lots of music and audiobooks, and some video. I use it extensively to sync my work and home calendars, a greatly useful feature. Also I'm trying out Kindle for the iphone, so reading on it. I have the small 8 gig version, and its fine. I have over 60gig of total audiobook and music content that I own, but I'm happy to move things back and forth from my computer.

If you really just mainly want music, the nano can't be beat, I think.