PDA

View Full Version : Bra advice

jenny
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I need a new bra. I've been wearing unsupportive nursing bras for the past 9.5 months and don't fit into my old pre-baby bras anymore.

I heard that your breasts shrink after you've finished breastfeeding, so should I wait 2-3 more months to buy a new bra b/c they might shrink or should I get fitted for one now?

SnuggleBuggles
04-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Mine did not shrink after ds1 but they also never really got bigger with pregnancy or the 19m of breastfeeding. I could see getting 1 or 2 now but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to hold off on a big shopping spree in a few months.

Beth

rlu
04-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Mine didn't shrink and I ended up a larger cup size than I started. I second suggestion to buy a few to get you through the next couple of months. If you can get free fittings, I'd get one now and one a few months from now.

jenny
04-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Can I just go to victoria's secret (I have a $10 off coupon) ?? It doesn't matter where I go right?

rlu
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Can I just go to victoria's secret (I have a $10 off coupon) ?? It doesn't matter where I go right?

I didn't get a proper fitting at VS, but I think it depends on the personnel there. No harm in trying.

I got a better fitting at the Bali outlet.

I hear good fittings can be had at Nordstrom's, haven't tried there yet.

hellokitty
04-28-2009, 04:13 PM
If you are only BFing a couple times a day, your breasts probably won't shrink much more than what they are now. I love my Bali Passion for Comfort bra. It is the most comfortable bra I have ever had. They have the best prices if you go to a Bali/Hanes outlet. If there isn't one close to you, you can try them on at the store and order your size through the mail order outlet. Once you order from them, they send you coupons all of the time. I did get a fitting at Nordstrom and spent about $100 for two bras and I like my Bali bras MUCH better and they were only about $13 each...

MontrealMum
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
I moved into regular bras after the 6 month mark (I think - it's all a blur). Nursing sessions lessened at that point after we introduced solids, I began to shrink a bit (I went up a LOT in size while nursing 32C to a 32G/H) and my back just couldn't take it anymore. I invested in 3 Natori bras. Once I stopped nursing I shrank down much more, but gradually, so that now I am near where I was before I got pregnant in the first place. I will probably go get fitted soon as I am not quite sure if I'm that same cup size or not, and at that point I'll invest in a few more supportive bras. My guess is that I'm probably the same band width but one cup size larger than before getting pregnant.

Nooknookmom
04-28-2009, 04:36 PM

I love my VS Ipex bra. I never bought a nursing bra, just folded this one up when she nursed. It has lasted through pregnancy AND 2 years of nursing. I refuse to buy a new one until we're done so it will keep going strong. They're pricy $40something but will last forever and a day.

I sure hope my boobies don't shrink anymore, I'll be inverted ;)

tylersmama
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I would NOT go to VS for a proper bra fitting. Especially if you're any kind of odd size (like me, small band size but larger cup size). I was told that I was a different size than what I actually was because they don't sell a 32D. A 34C *seemed* like it fit in the store, but I found out pretty quickly that it didn't fit right. They're more concerned with making a sale than making sure you find the right bra for you. Last time I went in, the girl measured me over my clothes (not right) and then didn't even really check to make sure that the size she said I was fit, just brought a bunch of bras in that size and dumped them on me and left.

If you want a GOOD bra fitting, go to Nordstrom. The saleslady at Nordstrom told me that the girls who work at VS send their moms to Nordstrom to get fit. :p They really take the time to make sure that not only are you measured right, but that you find the bra that fits you best. Different bras in the same size will fit differently. I must have tried on 20 or 30 bras last time I went in and only found two I really liked that fit me well.