PDA

View Full Version : Please help me price an item!

Bens Momma
04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Looking to sell our Little Tikes Easy Store picnic table. It is the larger size (not the jr.) and can seat 4-6 kids. The top has light fading, but it's in good condition. Needs a scrub and hose down. Anyway I tried to get an idea for pricing from Craigslist, but all the postings I could find had titles but listings/price had been deleted. (They must have gone fast!) Anyway it's several years old and DH would love to get rid of it! Looks like they are selling for around $60-70 new before shipping. What price should I set? Should I sell on Craigslist or at our church sale where I'd get % of asking price?

Thanks for your advice-
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

elephantmeg
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
$20-30 I'd say. I usually sell things for 30%-40% of their new value.

schums
04-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I agree with the 20-30 range. I might start at $30, and say OBO. You can always go down, and around here, stuff like that goes FAST, even if it is slightly overpriced. I'd definitely try CL first too. I have a garage/yard sale every year, and also put my bigger toys on CL -- they are usually gone before the sale even starts.

Momof3Labs
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
LT stuff usually goes fast at more competitive prices. I'd start maybe at $40; you can always go down after a few days or a week (or accept an offer along the way).

mom2one
04-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I like a PP idea of selling it for $30. You can always go down and should sell it for at least $30. Things like that do sell quickly on CL. I don't think you would get that much for it at a yard sell.

WatchingThemGrow
04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Is it the primary colored one or the earth toned one? I got a primary colored one with no fading in nearly perfect shape at a yard sale for $14, which I thought was a steal, so $30 sounds better for an "asking price" if it is the newer colors, I think you could maybe ask a few $$ more.

DebbieJ
04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
LT stuff usually goes fast at more competitive prices. I'd start maybe at $40; you can always go down after a few days or a week (or accept an offer along the way).

This was going to be my suggestion as well. Definitely sell it on CL.

misshollygolightly
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
FWIW, I just purchased a Little Tykes slide on Craigslist for $20. I thought it was a fair price. Most large, outdoor toys in good used condition seem to be selling around here for $20-30 (maybe $40-50 for a play house). They seem to be selling really fast around here--definitely in demand at this point in the season. I think you'll get more money for it on Craigslist for sure. Wish we were in the same area--I'd love to buy it from you!

clc053103
04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
not to hijack, but I am having an awful time trying to sell on CL! I have a few things (a LT convertible among them) and get bizarre emails- people inquiring and then ignoring when I respond, another one I respond and their email account isn't valid, (my personal favorite) doesn't realize where I live despite me giving the location by town AND county... Seems like I am going to sell nothing but get at least an email a day from a whacko.

Melaine
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
I would start at $30. My mom bought that table for us on clearance at Kmart. She got it for $25 but that was unusual luck!