PDA

View Full Version : Is "Southland" any good?

SomeoneLikeYou
04-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I have the first 3 episodes on DVR and we for some reason keep skipping it for our tried and true shows instead. Is it worth skipping Lost or 24 or CSI one night????

SammyeGail
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I have watched it and like it, just like they say in the advertisements, its like the ER for cops. The last episode was a little slow, but they are getting into the charaters. Plus I can't stop googling over the young new cop, such a cutie!!

Samantha

vludmilla
04-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Eh. Very eh. It's been marketed as being so "real" and it's been compared to The Wire which I just watched on DVD. The Wire was absolutely superb so Southland would have to be really amazing to me since I'm comparing it to The Wire which was amazing.

KrystalS
04-28-2009, 09:03 PM
It's ok, and we DVR it but it definitely wouldn't take the place of my other fave shows. It definitely isn't as good as CSI.

SomeoneLikeYou
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
It's ok, and we DVR it but it definitely wouldn't take the place of my other fave shows. It definitely isn't as good as CSI.

Ha! Okay so I won't pass on the good stuff just yet, yet! DH and I only have about 2 shows in us a night so it's often a hard decisoion around here lol. Our life is sooooo exciting, huh? :)

Tammy
04-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I saw the first two episodes and liked them. I can't say I loved them yet, but they were pretty good. The pp was right- it's like the ER of cops. But I was a huge ER fan, and I don't love this one as much so far, but it has potential. I'll probably stay tuned to it and see how it goes. I'm a LOST fan as well, but I wouldn't miss LOST for Southland so far.

doberbrat
04-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I like it but I wont stop watching PP for it. as long as they play it on Sat nights I'll watch.

and I'll watch ove rthe summer when the other shoes are in reruns.

infomama
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I only saw one episode of Southland and I thought it was really good.