PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the search function like me? Where is the baked oatmeal recipe?

kayte
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Why do I have so much trouble using the search function? It makes me feel a tad nuts when I am looking for threads I know exist and I can't find them... Am I the only one who has trouble?

Any who, I am ready to try the baked oatmeal and I can't find the thread with the actual recipe. I found two threads about it--but no recipe.

Can someone help?

Melaine
04-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Here's the one I use:
BBB Magic Oatmeal “Cake”

Combine:
4-5 cups of oatmeal
1-2 cups of yogurt
2 cups warm water

Let this sit on the counter for a few hours.

Preheat oven to 350*

Combine in a separate bowl:
1 cup sweetener: sugar, honey, molasses, turbinado, or whatever you want
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 Tbls cinnamon
1 Tbls baking powder
2 Tsp. vanilla

Add to oatmeal/yogurt mixture, then add:
1-2 cups of milk to desired texture: more milk makes it custardy, less makes it cakey
1-2 cups fruit of choice (fresh, dried, frozen)

Dump it in a 9" x 13" greased pan, bake for 1 hour. Let cool, then keep in fridge, you can reheat or eat cold.

Ideas for ingredients: frozen blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, applesauce, chopped apples, pears, peaches, raisins, golden raisins, canned p-apple, walnuts, almonds, wheat germ, bran, flax seed. Dessert version: cherries and mini chocolate chips.

alexsmommy
04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Why do I have so much trouble using the search function? It makes me feel a tad nuts when I am looking for threads I know exist and I can't find them... Am I the only one who has trouble?

Any who, I am ready to try the baked oatmeal and I can't find the thread with the actual recipe. I found two threads about it--but no recipe.

Can someone help?

For me it seems to pull up threads that are totally unrelated to my query requests and I still have to dig through the posts it pulls up. I'm sure it's just pulling every thread with that word or words, but it just doesn't seem to have as good of "search logic" as the old boards did once I finally got the hang of that one.
I know there are several baked oatmeal recipes on MDC in addition to ones you'll find here.

KrisM
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Huh. If I search for "baked oatmeal recipe" without the quotes, the first one I get is this thread and the next one has the recipe too. I get 30 returns on my search. How are you searching?

fauve01
04-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I ALWAYS have trouble with the search function! you are definitely not alone! i'm glad to know i'm not alone in my frustration.

anyway, i use this recipe for baked oatmeal:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Oatmeal-II/Detail.aspx

I omit the butter and use 1/2 cup applesauce. I also omit white sugar and use 1/2 cup brown sugar. DD won't eat dried fruit, so we do 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips instead. i bake in a 9x13 pan for 20-25 min in a 350F oven.

HTH,
A